Hello Hans, loading from cont-loc now works, thank you! Am 31.05.21 um 11:33 schrieb Hans Hagen: > you can wrap such a patch in: > > \ifcsname\??xtableflushsplit\v!repeat\endcsname \else > > \fi > > to make sure that it's not overloading something built in if I do this, I get: suggestion      > use \withcaron instead of \v and if I use \withcaron, then the wrapper seems to be OK, but the patch isn't loaded any more. Wasn't the patch meant to override an already existing\xtableflushsplit in this case? Thank you, Werner