* Strange ConTeXt - XeTeX problem
@ 2007-01-08  8:04 Helin Gai
From: Helin Gai @ 2007-01-08  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm trying to learn about using XeTeX in ConTeXt. The problem is that
when I compile a file using texexec --xtx filename.tex, I get the
following error message

*** fontmap psfonts.map not found; texmf.cnf may be broken

*** font ec-lmtt10 not found in psfonts.map or host system; will
substitute Helvetica glyphs

But if I just use xdv2pdf filename.tex, everything turns out perfectly.
I'm wondering what the problem could be.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Helin

--
Helin (Colin) Gai
Class of 2009, Duke University
helin.gai at gmail.com
hg9 at duke.edu

* Re: Strange ConTeXt - XeTeX problem
@ 2007-01-08  9:25 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-01-08  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Helin Gai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to learn about using XeTeX in ConTeXt. The problem is that
> when I compile a file using texexec --xtx filename.tex, I get the
> following error message
>
> *** fontmap psfonts.map not found; texmf.cnf may be broken
>
> *** font ec-lmtt10 not found in psfonts.map or host system; will
> substitute Helvetica glyphs
>
> But if I just use xdv2pdf filename.tex, everything turns out perfectly.
> I'm wondering what the problem could be.

maybe you dvipdfmx map files

ctxtools --dpxmapfiles pathtotexmfroot

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2007-01-08 12:49   ` Helin Gai
From: Helin Gai @ 2007-01-08 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the reply.

I solved the problem eventually by commenting out the line

$ENV{'TEXFONTMAPS'} = '.;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{xetex,pdftex,dvips,}//' ;

in texexec.pl.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Helin

helin.gai at gmail.com
hg9 at duke.edu

* Re: Strange ConTeXt - XeTeX problem
@ 2007-01-08 15:46     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-01-08 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Helin Gai wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I solved the problem eventually by commenting out the line
>
> $ENV{'TEXFONTMAPS'} = '.;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{xetex,pdftex,dvips,}//' ;
>
> in texexec.pl.

texexec.pl is no longer supported. About a year ago, ConTeXt moved to
the ruby version texexec.rb. Try your code with
   texmfstart texexec --xetex filename

Aditya

* Re: Strange ConTeXt - XeTeX problem
@ 2007-01-08 16:00       ` Helin Gai
From: Helin Gai @ 2007-01-08 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good to know.
I tried this, when it was executing xdv2pdf, I get the same error
message. But then xdvipdfmx runs, and fixes everything.

Helin

helin.gai at gmail.com
hg9 at duke.edu