* XeTeX and Latin Modern
@ 2007-02-06  7:22 Helin Gai
From: Helin Gai @ 2007-02-06  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I got a new problem after upgrading to the new ConTeXt.
When I compile a document with the xetex engine, during the xdvipdfmx
processing, I got the following message, and all the math symbols are
missing:

** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fotmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: ec-lmb10 LMRoman10-Demi
"enclmec ReEncodeFont" <lm-ec.enc <lmb10.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="lm-ec.map", line=7.
** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fotmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: lmbsy5
LMMathSymbols5-BoldItalic    "enclmmathsy ReEncodeFont"
<lm-mathsy.enc  <lmbsy5.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="lm-math.map", line=7.
]
** WARNING ** Glyph "(null)" missing in font "LMMathSymbols10-Italic".
** WARNING ** Glyph "(null)" missing in font "LMMathSymbols10-Italic".

I've already installed the latest Latin Modern. I tried to run
ctxtools, after which nothing works any more... Any input will be
appreciated. Thanks!

Colin

--
Helin (Colin) Gai
Class of 2009, Duke University
helin.gai at gmail.com
hg9 at duke.edu

* Re: XeTeX and Latin Modern
@ 2007-02-06  7:41 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-02-06  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Helin Gai wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I got a new problem after upgrading to the new ConTeXt.
> When I compile a document with the xetex engine, during the xdvipdfmx
> processing, I got the following message, and all the math symbols are
> missing:

Please see this thread:

http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070130.082837.4bc51f61.en.html

Best, Taco

* Re: XeTeX and Latin Modern
@ 2007-02-06 13:36   ` Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2007-02-06 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco,

>> I got a new problem after upgrading to the new ConTeXt.
>> When I compile a document with the xetex engine, during the xdvipdfmx
>> processing, I got the following message, and all the math symbols are
>> missing:
>
> Please see this thread:
>
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/
> 20070130.082837.4bc51f61.en.html

As I ran into the same problem I followed your instructions ...
running the ctxtools command doesn't resolve it I'm afraid.

$ kpsewhich lm-math.map
/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-math.map

So I issued

$ ctxtools --dpx --force /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive
CtxTools | provide proper texmfroot

(as normal user and as root). Nothing happened :-( What did I do wrong?

Best,
Oliver

* Re: XeTeX and Latin Modern
@ 2007-02-06 16:37     ` Helin Gai
From: Helin Gai @ 2007-02-06 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I've already read the email,
and I've updated the Latin Modern package, run ctxtools, pretty much
all that I can think of... Just couldn't fix it.

Best,
Helin

helin.gai at gmail.com
hg9 at duke.edu

* Re: XeTeX and Latin Modern
@ 2007-02-06 16:43       ` Helin Gai
From: Helin Gai @ 2007-02-06 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think the problem is specifically related to the configuration of
xdvipdfmx, cuz xdv2pdf obviously has no problem at all... Any other
ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Helin

helin.gai at gmail.com
hg9 at duke.edu

* Re: XeTeX and Latin Modern
@ 2007-02-07  8:03     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-02-07  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oliver Buerschaper wrote:
> Hi Taco,
>

>>>I got a new problem after upgrading to the new ConTeXt.
>>>When I compile a document with the xetex engine, during the xdvipdfmx
>>>processing, I got the following message, and all the math symbols are
>>>missing:
>>
>>Please see this thread:
>>
>>http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/
>>20070130.082837.4bc51f61.en.html
>
> As I ran into the same problem I followed your instructions ...
> running the ctxtools command doesn't resolve it I'm afraid.
>
> $ kpsewhich lm-math.map
> /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-math.map

You should try that with --engine=dvipdfm , because dvipdfmx
will find different files from the default setting

> So I issued
>
> $ ctxtools --dpx --force /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive
> CtxTools | provide proper texmfroot
>
> (as normal user and as root). Nothing happened :-( What did I do wrong?

Did you copy the map files from dvips/lm to pdftex/context ?

Best, Taco

* Re: XeTeX and Latin Modern
@ 2007-02-07 11:37       ` Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2007-02-07 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> As I ran into the same problem I followed your instructions ...
>> running the ctxtools command doesn't resolve it I'm afraid.
>>
>> $ kpsewhich lm-math.map
>> /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-math.map
>
> You should try that with --engine=dvipdfm , because dvipdfmx
> will find different files from the default setting

Did that with --engine=dvipdfm and --engine=dvipdfmx but kpsewhich
spilled out the exact same path ... then out of curiosity I
deliberately supplied a nonsense string (--engine=dvipdfmy) and still
got the same result. Puzzling.

>> So I issued
>>
>> $ ctxtools --dpx --force /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive
>> CtxTools | provide proper texmfroot
>>
>> (as normal user and as root). Nothing happened :-( What did I do
>> wrong?
>
> Did you copy the map files from dvips/lm to pdftex/context ?

No, didn't copy anything. Should I've done that? I'm lost ...

Oliver

* Re: XeTeX and Latin Modern
@ 2007-02-07 13:10         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-02-07 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oliver Buerschaper wrote:

> No, didn't copy anything. Should I've done that? I'm lost ...

Yes, you should have. Same original thread, second message
(I forgot to mention that in the original message)

Taco

* Re: XeTeX and Latin Modern
@ 2007-02-07 15:21           ` Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2007-02-07 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> No, didn't copy anything. Should I've done that? I'm lost ...
>
> Yes, you should have. Same original thread, second message
> (I forgot to mention that in the original message)

Stupid me ... I didn't read on. Works excellently now. Thanks for
your help.

Oliver

* Re: XeTeX and Latin Modern
@ 2007-02-07 18:19             ` Helin Gai
From: Helin Gai @ 2007-02-07 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Problem solved.. Thanks so much for all of your input!!

Helin

helin.gai at gmail.com
hg9 at duke.edu