* MKIV to LMTX (enumerations)
@ 2020-05-30 19:18 Weber, Matthias
From: Weber, Matthias @ 2020-05-30 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear List,

After staying with a frozen MKIV version for time-critical work for a while, I took the plunge and ran one of my longer math-heavy documents through LMTX. To my delight, it mostly looks fine or trivially fixable.
There is one problem I have with enumerations. The spacing between them in LMTX is notoriously smaller than in MKIV.

I bet there is a parameter I can set to tweak that? Below is a MWE with output for both engines.
Thanks!

Matthias

[-- Attachment #2: Test.tex --]

\definecolor[thm]
	[r=0.717189,g=0.789151,b=0.853407]
\definecolor[thmtxt]
	[r=0.113817,g=0.246983,b=0.277211]

\defineframedtext	[thmbackground]
				[backgroundcolor=thm,
				background=color,
				corner=round,
				width=broad,
				frame=on,
				framecolor=black,
				location=paragraph,
				color=thmtxt]

\setupenumerations	[alternative=hanging,
        			width=fit,
        			right={~},
        			way=bysection,
			prefix=chapter,
			distance=0.1em,
        			prefixsegments={chapter:section}]

\defineenumeration	[theorem]
				[text=Theorem,
				before={\startthmbackground},
				after={\stopthmbackground},
        			style=italic,
        			title=yes,
        			titleleft=(,
        			titleright=),
        			]

\starttext

\starttheorem
\input tufte
\stoptheorem

\starttheorem
\input knuth
\stoptheorem

\stoptext

[-- Attachment #3: ATT00001.htm --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 208 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #4: Test-LMTX.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #5: ATT00002.htm --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 208 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #6: Test-MKIV.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #7: ATT00003.htm --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 226 bytes --]

* Re: MKIV to LMTX (enumerations)
@ 2020-05-31  8:59 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-05-31  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Weber, Matthias schrieb am 30.05.2020 um 21:18:
> Dear List,
>
> After staying with a frozen MKIV version for time-critical work for a
> while, I took the plunge and ran one of my longer math-heavy documents
> through LMTX. To my delight, it mostly looks fine or trivially fixable.
> There is one problem I have with enumerations. The spacing between
> them in LMTX is notoriously smaller than in MKIV.

No, it's a problem with framedtext which uses the wrong placement option
and ignores the before/after values.

> I bet there is a parameter I can set to tweak that? Below is a MWE
> with output for both engines.
> Thanks!

There is nothing you can do here except waiting for a fix but I noticed
the location key for framedtext has a not existing value (no paragraph
option exists) in your example.

Wolfgang

* Re: MKIV to LMTX (enumerations)
@ 2020-05-31 11:36   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-05-31 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/31/2020 10:59 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> There is nothing you can do here except waiting for a fix but I noticed

I assume you come up with the fix

Hans

* Re: MKIV to LMTX (enumerations)
@ 2020-05-31 15:57   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-05-31 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/31/2020 10:59 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> There is nothing you can do here except waiting for a fix but I noticed
> the location key for framedtext has a not existing value (no paragraph
> option exists) in your example.
Indeed an engine issue. Fixed in next upload.

Hans