* Layers – when do they repeat?
@ 2021-07-01 15:38 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2021-07-01 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I’m struggling with layers again.

According to https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Layers and my previous experience, what you typeset on layers appears only once, while you don’t set repeat=yes.

But in my example (derived from a magazine layout where I use this margin layer for subtitles) the margin text is repeated on every page. Same behavior in current LMTX and MkIV.

What did I wrong? Or is it a bug? (The same setup didn’t cause repeats in 2019.)

Hraban

\usemodule[visual]

\setuplayout[
    backspace=82mm,
    width=118mm,
    leftmargindistance=4mm,
    leftmargin=57mm,
]

\definelayer[leftmargin][
    x=0mm,y=3mm,
    width=\leftmarginwidth,
    height=\textheight
]

\setupbackgrounds[text][leftmargin][background=leftmargin,state=start]

\starttext

\setlayerframed[leftmargin][
  frame=off,
  offset=overlay,
  width=\leftmarginwidth,
  align={flushleft,verytolerant},
]{Why is this repeated on every page? It should not.}%

\dorecurse{20}{
\fakewords{20}{100}\par
}

\stoptext

* Re:  Layers – when do they repeat?
@ 2021-07-21 17:16 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2021-07-21 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, this is still unresolved.
I worked around the unwanted repeating layer by resetting them explicitely after the first page, but that should not be necessary.
Hraban