* Full/non-full screen mode
@ 2001-03-12 19:25 Slawek Zak
From: Slawek Zak @ 2001-03-12 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to have two coupled documents (screen and print
version). But when I select the printable one it is opened in
fullscreen mode. Can I somehow make Acrobat open it in `fit width'
mode?

/S

* Re: Full/non-full screen mode
@ 2001-03-17 18:40 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-03-17 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Monday, March 12, 2001 you wrote:

SZ> I would like to have two coupled documents (screen and print
SZ> version). But when I select the printable one it is opened in
SZ> fullscreen mode. Can I somehow make Acrobat open it in `fit width'
SZ> mode?

First of all, you should not get confused between zoom levels
(fit-to-window [which is what I assume you called "full screen"],
fit-to-width, fit-to-height, fit visible) and full-screen/windowed
view. Full screen, in Acrobat terms, means without the menubar,
toolbar, scrollbars etc, while windowed view is the "normal" state
(everything on): you switch between these with Ctr+L. Zoom levels can
be accomplished within the same view state (full screen or windows) by
pressing Ctrl+0,1,2,3.

Now for your question:

I have the following settings for my multimode docs:

\setupinteraction[state=start,style=normal,color=blue,
                  openaction=ResetForm]

\doifmodeelse{screen}
             {\setuppapersize[S6][S6]
              \setupinteracionscreen[opzione=max]
              \setupcolors[state=start]
             }
             {\setuppapersize[A4][A4]
              \setupinteraction[openaction={FitWidth,ResetForm}]
             }

When compiling in screen mode, I thus get full-screen display with
default (Acrobat Reader setting) zoom. When I compile in "standard"
(paper) mode, I get fit-to-width zoom level, in whatever view mode
(full screen or windowed) Acrobat Reader is.

Hope this works fine for you.

ResetForm is necessary (for me) because otherwise tooltips won't work.

Hans: what about a FitVisible action?

Giuseppe Bilotta

* Re: Full/non-full screen mode
@ 2001-03-18 11:27   ` Slawek Zak
From: Slawek Zak @ 2001-03-18 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Giuseppe Bilotta <bourbaki@bigfoot.com> writes:

> SZ> I would like to have two coupled documents (screen and print
> SZ> version). But when I select the printable one it is opened in
> SZ> fullscreen mode. Can I somehow make Acrobat open it in `fit width'
> SZ> mode?
>
> First of all, you should not get confused between zoom levels
> (fit-to-window [which is what I assume you called "full screen"],
> fit-to-width, fit-to-height, fit visible) and full-screen/windowed
> view.

[...]

I mean the fullscreen/windowed (Ctrl+L) modes.

> Now for your question:
>
> I have the following settings for my multimode docs:

[...tex code snipped...]

Well, that's okay when you don't use coupled documents. It doesn't
help with coupling, ie when you click on a title and go to the paper
version it is displayed in fullscreen mode.

Openaction is not applied in this case, I guess :( Maybe some low-level
PDF hacking could help...

Thanks, /S