From: "Thomas A. Schmitz" <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de>
Subject: Re: how to produce text with facing translation?
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:10:32 +0100	[thread overview]

Hraban,

sounds excellent! OK, what I would dream of for the time being would
be: ConTeXt treats a pair of even/odd pages like a unity. It would be
ideal to have two input streams, maybe as \start ... \stop environments.

\startevenpage

text

\stopevenpage

\startoddpage

text

\stopoddpage

It would be important to have commands like \breakevenpage and
\breakoddpage that would insert a pagebreak without breaking the
paragraph.* Both even and odd have their own set of footnotes. Both
even and odd can have their own dimensions:

\setupevenpage[. . .]

\setupoddpage[. . .]

see \setuplayout.

Would that be possible? How hard would it be in ConTeXt? And is there
anything in the source that I could look at to get things going?

Best

Thomas

* I'm not sure if this is clear enough. What I want is

XXXXX   XXXXX
XXXXX   XXXXX
XXXXX   XXXXX
XXXXX