* tweaked font options in \definedfontfeature?
@ 2022-01-01 17:05 Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2022-01-01 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

Hans,

I wonder whether it would be possible to add the options for tweaked
fonts (or at least, xscale and yscale) to \definefontfeature.

I think this might ease the use of scaled fonts (at least, in some
documents).

Many thanks for your awesome work and best wishes for 2022 to you and to
all users,

Pablo

* Re: tweaked font options in \definedfontfeature?
@ 2022-01-01 18:18 ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2022-01-01 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/1/2022 6:05 PM, Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context wrote:

> I wonder whether it would be possible to add the options for tweaked
> fonts (or at least, xscale and yscale) to \definefontfeature.
>
> I think this might ease the use of scaled fonts (at least, in some
> documents).
these two are unrelated to font feature so that won't happen .. the
whole idea is to *not* scale the font and delay that

the three scales are realtime scales and absolute values

\starttext
     {test {\glyphxscale\numexpr 2*\glyphxscale\relax} test}

     \fontspecdef\MyFont \font xscale 500 yscale 2000 % currentfont

     {\MyFont test}
\stoptext

when you enable compact fonts we you actually use these fontspecs (a
font spec is internally comparable to a so called glue spec which is why
it's called that way: internally stored in some wierd kind of node ..
maybe \fontscalespec is better so i might change it when i can't think
of anything to add to it -- i'm still considering adding some of the
other realtime glyph properties)

i suppose that at some point we can add a more high level command (or
integrate it better in style definitions which all depends on usage
patterns

Hans