In the 18th century documents I am transcribing often words are abbreviated as for example voorschreeve becoming voors: In the transcription it is usual to write this as voors[chreeve] indicating to the reader how the abbreviation was interpreted. The problem then arises with hyphenation, because voors[chreeve] in the example will not be hyphenated as if the []'s were absent. Which is what I would like to happen. Question: is it possible to realize this and how? yours sincerely dr. Hans van der Meer