2009/9/20 Thomas A. Schmitz > > On Sep 20, 2009, at 1:30 PM, Mika Ritola wrote: > > >> 1. This one's probably very simple: there's the /insertauthors macro for >> inserting the whole name of the author. But how do you insert just the last >> name of the author? >> >> > If you just want the last name, you can use \cite[author][], but > I'm not sure if this what you're after, maybe you'll need to tell us more. > I'll try to give a clearer explanation. First of all, when I cite a source using e.g. \cite[Smith2000], this should appear in the text as "Smith 2000". I've already managed to do this. Now, each entry in the bibliography should begin with the same string that was used to identify it within the text. So, the above example should look something like this: Smith 2000John Smith. Generic Book Title. Whatever Publishing Company, New York 2000. I know I can get the "John Smith" by using \insertauthors in \setuppublicationlayout. But how do I get just the last name? The answer is probably so simple that I should be ashamed that I can't figure it out by myself but I haven't quite gotten the hang of ConTeXt and TeX yet... > > 2. This one, on the other hand, is likely to be rather non-trivial: the >> bibliography needs to be broken up into several categories of sources. For >> example, audiovisual sources, newspaper sources and books should be listed >> under separate headings, somewhat like this: >> >> BIBLIOGRAPHY >> >> I. AUDIOVISUAL SOURCES >> >> [some sources] >> >> II. NEWSPAPER SOURCES >> >> [...] >> >> III. BOOKS >> >> [...] >> >> I've tried to decipher the source code of the Bib module but as I'm not >> particularly fluent in TeX, I haven't been able to make much headway so far. >> I'd appreciate some hints on where to start with this. I don't suppose >> there's any existing code for something like this? Maybe I'd be better off >> writing the bibliography by hand? >> >> That sounds harder. You basically need three separate bibliographies, > each of them sorted in some way. I'm not certain the current implementation > of the bib module can do that (i.e. I'm almost certain it can't). How do you > want to refer to these items in your text? Again, we'll probably need some > more information about what you want to achieve. > > I think it would be easiest if I could refer to them in the usual way, using \cite[Smith2000]. Of course, each item in the .bib file should have some kind of a tag, so that ConTeXt could automagically insert it under the correct heading. Thanks, Mika