2009/9/26 Taco Hoekwater > Hi all, > > A few days ago I started a wiki page about the intentional and/or > unavoidable differences between MKIV and MKII. > > http://wiki.contextgarden.net/MkIV_Differences > > The page is not intended for actual bugs, but: if you know of > any 'disturbing' differences please add them to that page, then > Hans and I can investigate whether the difference is intentional > or a bug. > It says this on the page: "It should come as no surprise that *mode=node*generates different effects, but even with a traditional font setup there are incompatibilies unless you use tfm-only fonts." Could you explain what mode=node does? I've seen it mentioned many times but I still don't know what its purpose is. I searched the ConTeXt site (using the search box), and didn't find any other useful information on it except that it affects kerning, but how? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using it? When should you use it? Mika