* Tables documentation
@ 2001-04-30 15:43 Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2001-04-30 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm having some difficulty getting my head around the tables macros (the
existing package, not the new automatic ones). Is there any English
documentation for this part of ConTeXt, beyond that contained in the
Beginner's Guide?

One specific question concerns the p format key. I find that most of my
tables need to allow for text to flow into paragraphs within the cells, but
I have only succeeded in putting one p format key into a tabulate
environment. More than one p in a specification seems to break something,
and I can't seem to get it to work at all within a table. Is a specification
like [|p|p|p|] supposed to work?

If there is a manual, or a FAQ, that would be great.

Thanks,

Duncan

* Re: Tables documentation
@ 2001-05-04 15:31 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-05-04 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 04:43 PM 4/30/01 +0100, Duncan Hothersall wrote:
>I'm having some difficulty getting my head around the tables macros (the
>existing package, not the new automatic ones). Is there any English
>documentation for this part of ConTeXt, beyond that contained in the
>Beginner's Guide?
>
>One specific question concerns the p format key. I find that most of my
>tables need to allow for text to flow into paragraphs within the cells, but
>I have only succeeded in putting one p format key into a tabulate
>environment. More than one p in a specification seems to break something,
>and I can't seem to get it to work at all within a table. Is a specification
>like [|p|p|p|] supposed to work?
>
>If there is a manual, or a FAQ, that would be great.

the problem is that the TaBlE manual is not free, but you can use the
tabulate documentation (up to date document) since it has a compatible
interface, however, in \starttable you *need* to specify the width,

p(3cm)

Also, looking into thrd-tbl may belp

[some day i will rewrite this package into the context way and document it)

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Tables documentation
@ 2001-05-04 17:40   ` Slawek Zak
From: Slawek Zak @ 2001-05-04 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> the problem is that the TaBlE manual is not free

[...]

Is it still available anyway? I looked for it once and didn't find
anything on this topic by Michael Wichura.

/S