* Splitting a page in given ratios
@ 2010-04-04 23:10 Matthias Weber
From: Matthias Weber @ 2010-04-04 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

this is probably even easy in plain TeX, but as I have never learned
it properly,
I am asking anyway:

I would like to have a way to split a part of a page into two columns
of different width, so something like

\startsplitpage[columns=2,spacing=fill]

\startcolumn[1][width=.6 \textwidth]

\input{tufte}
\stopcolumn[1]

\startcolumn[2][width=.3 \textwidth]
\placefigure[theBeerBottle]
\stopcolumn[2]

\stopsplitpage

so that the individual columns are treated (if possible) as separate
pages with all features (like \framed etc) adapted to the
page width of the smaller sub-pages.

This could replace (for me) the somehow (for me) disfunctional
figuretext construct.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Matthias

* Re: Splitting a page in given ratios
@ 2010-04-05  7:32 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-04-05  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.04.10 01:10, schrieb Matthias Weber:
> Dear all,
>
> this is probably even easy in plain TeX, but as I have never learned
> it properly,
> I am asking anyway:
>

> I would like to have a way to split a part of a page into two columns
> of different width, so something like
>
> \startsplitpage[columns=2,spacing=fill]
>
> \startcolumn[1][width=.6 \textwidth]
>
> \input{tufte}
> \stopcolumn[1]
>
> \startcolumn[2][width=.3 \textwidth]
> \placefigure[theBeerBottle]
> \stopcolumn[2]
>
> \stopsplitpage
>
> so that the individual columns are treated (if possible) as separate
> pages with all features (like \framed etc) adapted to the
> page width of the smaller sub-pages.
>
> This could replace (for me) the somehow (for me) disfunctional
> figuretext construct.
>
> Is there a way to do this?
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Columns#Paragraphs

See also http://pragma-ade.com/show-man-9.htm