* problem with tabulate environment
@ 2003-01-16 18:58 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-01-16 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Sorry for bothering you again.

There seems to be a problem with the tabulate environment.

When running the compilation stops with the following error>

! Misplaced \noalign.
\TABLEnoalign ->\noalign
                         \bgroup \let \noalign \relax \let \next =
\HL ->\TABLEnoalign
                    {\ifnum \noftabulatelines =\zerocount \@EA \FL \else
\if...

\tabulatecontent ->\HL
                       \NC Klasse \NC Gruppe \NC Art \NC \NR \NC
Verzierungs...

\fulltabulatecontent ...respaces \tabulatecontent
                                                  \ifx \tabulatetailcontent

\processtabulate ...sa \crcr \fulltabulatecontent
                                                  \crcr }\prevdepth \dp
\str...
l.41 \stoptabulate
                  }

Could you please hava a look into this?

Kind regards Willi

[-- Attachment #2: test.tex --]

\setupoutput[pdftex]

\mainlanguage[de]
\language[de]
\setuptolerance[verytolerant,stretch]
\definepapersize[MyPaper][height=18cm, width=11.5cm]
\setuppapersize[MyPaper][A4]
\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided, location={header,marginedge}]
\setupbodyfont
   [ss,10pt]
\setuplayout
    [header=15pt,
     headerdistance=0.3cm,
     backspace=1.3cm,
     topspace= 1.8cm,
     width=7.8cm,
     location={left, doublesided},
     veroffset=1cm]

\starttext

\placetable[here][tab:Verzierungsweisen]
     {\"Ubersicht \"uber die Verzierungsweisen}
{\switchtobodyfont[small]
\starttabulate[|p(0.35\textwidth)|p(0.125\textwidth)|p|]
\HL
\NC Klasse            \NC Gruppe     \NC Art                                                \NC\NR
\NC Verzierungsweisen \NC            \NC                                                    \NC\NR
\HL
\NC Drucken           \EQ  Pressen   \EQ Flachdruck als Gold-, Folie-, Farb- und Blinddruck \NC\NR
\NC                   \NC  Pr\"agen  \EQ Stiftvergoldung                                    \NC\NR
\NC                   \NC            \NC Reliefpr\"agung                                    \NC\NR
\NC Kaltvergolden     \EQ            \NC \"Olgrund                                          \NC\NR
\NC                   \NC            \NC Kunstharzklebergrund (Henkel A 22)                 \NC\NR
\NC                   \NC            \NC Vergoldepastengrund                                \NC\NR
\NC Lederschnitt      \EQ            \NC Aufgerissener Lederschnitt                         \NC\NR
\NC                   \NC            \NC Flachschnitt mit Punzung                           \NC\NR
\NC                   \NC            \NC Lederschnitt und Treibarbeit                       \NC\NR
\HL
\stoptabulate}

\stoptext

* Re: problem with tabulate environment
@ 2003-01-17  9:16 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-17  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 07:58 PM 1/16/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Hans,
>
>Sorry for bothering you again.
>
>There seems to be a problem with the tabulate environment.
>
>When running the compilation stops with the following error>
>
>! Misplaced \noalign.
>\TABLEnoalign ->\noalign

Right, it's in the beta isn't it? I already corrected this and will upload
a new beta today (with the nomarking thing etc)

go into core-tbl.tex and remove the \unexpanded before \def \HL

it's a pitty that tex is so sensitive for this align thing, since now i
cannot use the \HL in an \expanded which is handy for xml

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: problem with tabulate environment
@ 2003-01-18 12:21   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-01-18 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >! Misplaced \noalign.
> >\TABLEnoalign ->\noalign
>
> Right, it's in the beta isn't it? I already corrected this and will upload
> a new beta today (with the nomarking thing etc)

Yes, that's the case!

> go into core-tbl.tex and remove the \unexpanded before \def \HL

After withdrawing the \unexpanded and remaking the format ... This does not
help. I tried to withdraw the command from more lines ( :-],noughty boy) but
with no result.

> it's a pitty that tex is so sensitive for this align thing, since now i
> cannot use the \HL in an \expanded which is handy for xml

Hm, this is to 'high' for my knowlegde....

Groet Willi

* Re: problem with tabulate environment
@ 2003-01-27 17:59 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-01-27 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Willi Egger" <w.egger@boede.nl> writes:

Hello Willi, Hans,

> There seems to be a problem with the tabulate environment.
>
> When running the compilation stops with the following error>

[...]

I am still getting an error with yesterdays beta. Any others?

Patrick

* Re: Re: problem with tabulate environment
@ 2003-01-27 20:36   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-01-27 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Patrick,

Could you be more specific?

I installed tonight the latest beta. After receiving your mail I tested
simple and sophisticated tabulate files and there were no problems.

Willi

* Re: problem with tabulate environment
@ 2003-01-27 21:33     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-01-27 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Willi Egger" <w.egger@boede.nl> writes:

Hello Willi,

> Could you be more specific?
>
> I installed tonight the latest beta. After receiving your mail I tested
> simple and sophisticated tabulate files and there were no problems.

I have used the test.tex you have sent in the original post and with
the lastest beta I get exactly the same error as you do.

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211-2.1 (Web2C 7.3.7x)
\write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
(./test.tex{/opt/texlive/7/texmf-var/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}

ConTeXt  ver: 2003.1.26  fmt: 2003.1.26  int: english  mes: english

--
strange....

* Re: Re: problem with tabulate environment
@ 2003-01-28 14:09       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-01-28 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Patrick, hi Hans,

I see, indeed also here it is not possible to compile my own test file.
Sorry while testing yesterday evenenig I used other files..

I tracked the problem down to the following:

The tabulate starts with a \HL and that is the problem. Once you comment
this, the table is generated normally. So \HL commands further in the
tabulate and at the end cause no problem.

Hans might  you  have a look at this?

Kind regards Willi

@ 2003-01-28 15:03         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-28 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 03:09 PM 1/28/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Patrick, hi Hans,
>
>I see, indeed also here it is not possible to compile my own test file.
>Sorry while testing yesterday evenenig I used other files..
>
>I tracked the problem down to the following:
>
>The tabulate starts with a \HL and that is the problem. Once you comment
>this, the table is generated normally. So \HL commands further in the
>tabulate and at the end cause no problem.
>
>Hans might  you  have a look at this?

hm, has to do with testing it there is a tabulate head/foot defined; you
may play with the following (core-tbl)

\def\checkfulltabulatecontent
   {\ifundefined{\??tt\currenttabulate\v!hoofd}%
      \let\tabulateheadcontent\empty
    \else
      \@EA\let\@EA\tabulateheadcontent
      \csname\??tt\currenttabulate\v!hoofd\endcsname
    \fi
    \ifundefined{\??tt\currenttabulate\v!voet}%
      \let\tabulatetailcontent\empty
    \else
      \@EA\let\@EA\tabulatetailcontent
        \csname\??tt\currenttabulate\v!voet\endcsname
    \fi
    \ifx\tabulateheadcontent\empty\else
      \def\tabulateheadcontent
        {\TABLEnoalign{\global\settrue\tabulatesomeamble}%
         \tabulateheadcontent
         \TABLEnoalign{\global\setfalse\tabulatesomeamble}}%
    \fi
    \ifx\tabulatetailcontent\empty\else
      \def\tabulatetailcontent
        {\TABLEnoalign{\global\settrue\tabulatesomeamble}%
         \tabulatetailcontent}%
    \fi}

\def\fulltabulatecontent
   {\tabulateheadcontent
    \tabulatecontent
    \tabulatetailcontent}

@ 2003-01-28 16:36           ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-01-28 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

Hello,
> hm, has to do with testing it there is a tabulate head/foot defined;
> you may play with the following (core-tbl)

that works well for me! Thank you.

Is there any way to change the thickness of the rules? Let's say
that the top rule and the bottom rule should be a bit thicker but the
middle rule should stay the same?

@ 2003-01-28 20:18           ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-01-28 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the patch! - It works as far as I can test.

Scanning through the core-tbl.tex I saw something about "tabulatehead".  - I
do remember that this was asked before, however I could not find any hint in
the documentation or in the archives of the list....

How does this head and tail mechanism work?

Groet Willi

* Re: Re: problem with tabulate environment
@ 2003-01-29 11:19             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-29 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 09:18 PM 1/28/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Hans,
>
>Thanks for the patch! - It works as far as I can test.
>
>Scanning through the core-tbl.tex I saw something about "tabulatehead".  - I
>do remember that this was asked before, however I could not find any hint in
>the documentation or in the archives of the list....
>
>How does this head and tail mechanism work?

something

\starttabulatehead

\stoptabulatehead

[or with [name] for defined tabulates]