* font hell
@ 2002-01-19  2:06 Allin Cottrell
From: Allin Cottrell @ 2002-01-19  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I installed ConTeXt last summer and used it for a few things.  Now I
want to do more with it, but I ran into a few problems with the
presentation examples.  Reckoning that I shouldn't submit a problem
report unless I was using the latest version, I just updated to the
November 2001 release.

But now I find I am in font hell!  No documents will compile, no fonts
are found.

My situation is that I have a full web2c tex/latex installation, with
Karl Berry-type tfms and vfs for all the fonts on my system (including
Lucida Bright).  It seems that the latest ConTeXt can't do anything
with these fonts "out of the box".  Is there a reasonably
straightforward way of fixing that?

I understand that ConTeXt is geared towards texnansi encoding
by default, but I really don't want to install hundreds of extra tfms
and map files if that can somehow be avoided.

Thanks for any help.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics