Hi all, the Debian distribution tries to provide a manpage for every command in the patch, at least containing a pointer to the proper documentation. For some scripts in ConTeXt, these were missing. I have tried to write them. However, I don't use ConTeXt at all, therefore I would like to hear comments from real users. The suggested manpages are attached at the end. You can view them with "man -l filename". The fdf2tex manpage is meant to be used, via a symlink or alias, also for fdf2tan. However I don't really understand this... Hans Hagen wrote: > Hi Frank, > > i cc this to the context list, just in case someone will volunteer for > helping you to get the man pages done It seems he forgot this - I will quote relevant parts of the mail. >> > texfind: A kind of grep with graphical output >> >>I just discovered this, this looks very interesting. Unfortunately I >>don't know much about perl, therefore I couldn't find out >> >>- whether it accepts any commandline options, besides "--font" for the >> menu font >> >>- how the search and replace stuff really works. I guess it also uses >> Perl regex syntax, and was able to do a replacement in the display >> window - but how can I save it to the file? > > you can't; it's mostly meant for users who cannot find back something, > say that i have this macro > > \itdoessomethingnice > > what one can do then is a recursive search and get an overview of > locations then; it's a rather stupid thing -) > > it indeed accepts perl regexps > > someday i may extend it with some more options > But then the "replace" option doesn't make much sense, does it? Regards, Frank -- Frank Küster, Biozentrum der Univ. Basel Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie