* interactive content in header
@ 2003-01-19 17:48 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-01-19 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear ConTeXt users,

I'd like to have an interactive table of content in the header (at
least somewhere at the top of the page). It should have the current
section highlighted.

First I have defined an overlay and used it with \setupbackgrounds:

\defineoverlay[toc][{\coloredcontent}]
\setupbackgrounds[header][text][background=toc,frame=on,state=repeat]

But the \coloredcontent behaves weired. \def\coloredcontent{A\par BB} gets
typeset as ABB, \currentheadnumber always displays the same number
(even with \determineheadnumber[section] before
\getcurrentheadnumber) and \placecontent is completely ignored.

It should look like this:

            --------------
 section1   | section 2  |  section 3    section 4
-------------            ----------------------------

the current page holds some paragraphs of section 2. Now you click on
"section 4" and the display changes to:

                                       -------------
 section1     section 2     section 3  | section 4 |
----------------------------------------           --

I hope it is clear what I'd like to get. How could this be done?

Patrick

* Re: interactive content in header
@ 2003-01-20 10:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-20 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 06:48 PM 1/19/2003 +0100, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>Dear ConTeXt users,
>
>I'd like to have an interactive table of content in the header (at
>least somewhere at the top of the page). It should have the current
>section highlighted.
>
>First I have defined an overlay and used it with \setupbackgrounds:
>
>\defineoverlay[toc][{\coloredcontent}]
>\setupbackgrounds[header][text][background=toc,frame=on,state=repeat]
>
>But the \coloredcontent behaves weired. \def\coloredcontent{A\par BB} gets
>typeset as ABB, \currentheadnumber always displays the same number
>(even with \determineheadnumber[section] before
>\getcurrentheadnumber) and \placecontent is completely ignored.
>

>It should look like this:
>
>             --------------
>  section1   | section 2  |  section 3    section 4
>-------------            ----------------------------
>

>the current page holds some paragraphs of section 2. Now you click on
>"section 4" and the display changes to:
>

>                                        -------------
>  section1     section 2     section 3  | section 4 |
>----------------------------------------           --
>

>I hope it is clear what I'd like to get. How could this be done?

since you're a programmer and mp lover, let's go for the hard way:

beware" \par in an hbox is ignored (so in case of an framed thing, set the
align variable)

conforming s-pre-19 and metafun:

\setupinteractionmenu
   [top]
   [state=start,
    frame=off,
    color=,
    contrastcolor=blue,
    position=yes]

\setupbackgrounds
   [page]
   [background=highlight]

\defineoverlay
   [highlight]
   [\useMPgraphic{highlight}]

\startusableMPgraphic{highlight} % walking box

   StartPage ;

   def top_menu_button (expr nn, rr, pp, xx, yy, ww, hh, dd) =
     if (pp>0) and (rr>0) :
       if rr = 2 : % the current active link
         path q ; q := unitsquare xyscaled (ww,hh) shifted (xx,yy) ;
         fill q withcolor red ;
         draw q withpen pencircle scaled 1.5pt withcolor .5red ;
       fi ;
     fi ;
   enddef ;

   \MPmenubuttons{top}

   StopPage ;

\stopusableMPgraphic

\startusableMPgraphic{highlight} % your email drawing

   StartPage ;

   path p ; p := origin -- cycle ;

   def top_menu_button (expr nn, rr, pp, xx, yy, ww, hh, dd) =
     if (pp>0) and (rr>0) :
       if rr = 2 : % the current active link
         p := unitsquare xyscaled (ww,hh) shifted (xx,yy) ;
       fi ;
     fi ;
   enddef ;

   \MPmenubuttons{top}

   draw
     llcorner Field[Text][Top] --
     (xpart llcorner p,ypart llcorner Field[Text][Top]) --
     (xpart ulcorner p,ypart ulcorner Field[Text][Top]) --
     (xpart urcorner p,ypart ulcorner Field[Text][Top]) --
     (xpart lrcorner p,ypart llcorner Field[Text][Top]) --
     lrcorner Field[Text][Top]
   % dashed evenly  scaled 2
     withpen pencircle scaled 2pt
     withcolor .5red ;

   StopPage ;

\stopusableMPgraphic

\setupcolors

so, use the top area, and in case of backgrounds make sure that they are
calculated each page (which is default for page backgrounds); search for
'repeat' in s-pre-*.tex files

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: interactive content in header
@ 2003-01-20 11:17   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-01-20 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

Hello Hans,

> conforming s-pre-19 and metafun:

well s-pre-19 does not get any useable results with the current
beta. The colors etc. are ok, but the output is shifted to the right
and no menu appears. With context/2002.05.15 this looks ok.

> \setupinteractionmenu
>    [top]
>    [state=start,
>     frame=off,
>     color=,
>     contrastcolor=blue,
>     position=yes]

[...]

I guess I have to use: \startinteractionmenu[top] ...
\stopinteractionmenu but the \placelist is ignored inside this group.

Patrick

* Re: Re: interactive content in header
@ 2003-01-20 11:53     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-20 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 12:17 PM 1/20/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:
>
>Hello Hans,
>
> > conforming s-pre-19 and metafun:
>
>well s-pre-19 does not get any useable results with the current
>beta. The colors etc. are ok, but the output is shifted to the right
>and no menu appears. With context/2002.05.15 this looks ok.

hm, stange, will look into it asap,

@ 2003-01-20 13:29     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-20 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 12:17 PM 1/20/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:
>
>Hello Hans,
>
> > conforming s-pre-19 and metafun:
>
>well s-pre-19 does not get any useable results with the current
>beta. The colors etc. are ok, but the output is shifted to the right
>and no menu appears. With context/2002.05.15 this looks ok.

has to do with catching an inconsistent spec of layout; so i'll remove the
check -)