* URLs break bib export
@ 2018-07-27  3:17 Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2018-07-27  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

The new tagged biblography export is very nice, but there is a routine
(marked UGLY in the source) that causes processing to fail with
otherwise-valid input. The failure message is

...eXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/back-exp.lua:3889: invalid capture index
stack traceback:
         [C]: in function 'gsub'
         ...eXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/back-exp.lua:3889: in function <...eXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/back-exp.lua:3747>
         (...tail calls...)

and two URLs which cause this problem are:

    url         = {http://www.jerwood-no.org.uk/pdf/Dunning%20Kruger.pdf},
    url         = {http://oll.libertyfund.org/?option=com_staticxt&staticfile=show.php\%3Fcollection=46&Itemid=27},

These URLs caused no problem with PDF output  or in the previous
exports, although they were not printed and exist only in the bibliography.

Do I need to protect the special characters in the bib file, or is this
a problem with the UGLY code?

--
Rik

* Re: URLs break bib export
@ 2018-07-27 16:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-07-27 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/27/2018 5:17 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> The new tagged biblography export is very nice, but there is a routine
> (marked UGLY in the source) that causes processing to fail with
> otherwise-valid input. The failure message is

> ...eXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/back-exp.lua:3889:
> invalid capture index
> stack traceback:
>          [C]: in function 'gsub'
>
> ...eXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/back-exp.lua:3889: in
> function <...eXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/back-exp.lua:3747>
>          (...tail calls...)
>
> and two URLs which cause this problem are:
>
>     url         = {http://www.jerwood-no.org.uk/pdf/Dunning%20Kruger.pdf},
>     url         =
> {http://oll.libertyfund.org/?option=com_staticxt&staticfile=show.php\%3Fcollection=46&Itemid=27},
>
> These URLs caused no problem with PDF output  or in the previous
> exports, although they were not printed and exist only in the bibliography.

it's a side effect of gsub interpreting its replacement text so i need
to adapt that bit

> Do I need to protect the special characters in the bib file, or is this
> a problem with the UGLY code?
no, the code is marked ugly because i don't like it being done that way

Hans