From: Matthias Weber <matweber@indiana.edu>
Subject: Re: How to patch ConText on the Mac for beginners (was: Problem with index generation)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:22:32 -0500	[thread overview]

Thanks, Hans, this works!

I have to admit reading Hans'  instruction "... and reformat"
gave me the shivers. Fortunately I found an almost terminal-free
way to do it on a Mac, I record it here for others who are faint of
heart
like myself.

i) Locate the file you need to modify. This is easiest done by typing
locate filename
in a terminal window, and pasting the located directory path into the
finder
menu box you get under Go...Go To Folder.
This only works if the locate database is up to date, it can be updated
(for instance)
using MacJanitor which freely executes maintenance routines that never
happen
on those Macs that are asleep at night.
ii) Open the located file with TeXShop (for instance), modify it at
will, and save.
This might not work due to missing permissions. In this case, save to
the desktop first and copy
into the located directory. You'll be asked for authentication.
iii) Start GW's i-Installer,  go to i-Package... open..., and select
ConTeXt. Then, select configure
only (do not download!), and ignore the warning. i-Installer will then
perform all the secret
things to reformat ConTeXt.

iv) If something went wrong, use the i-Installer to download and
configure ConTeXt again.

Matthias