From: Christopher G D Tipper <chris.tipper@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: New Installation under miktex, not working
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:25:46 +0000	[thread overview]

Some defaults from my old MiKTeX .ini file (local-texmf/scripts/perl/
texexec.ini) I can't test this as I have defected to a saner
platform :-)

enable variable miktex at top of file and some variation of this below.

for  miktex  set  UsedInterfaces    to  en, uk
for  miktex  set  UserInterface     to  uk
for  miktex  set  TeXExecutable     to  pdfetex.exe
for  miktex  set  TeXVirginFlag     to  -initialize
for  miktex  set  TeXBatchFlag      to  -interaction=batchmode
for  miktex  set  TeXFormatFlag     to  &
for  miktex  set  MpToTeXExecutable to  mptotex.exe
for  miktex  set  MpVirginFlag      to  -initialize
for  miktex  set  MpPassString      to
for  miktex  set  MpBatchFlag       to  -interaction=batchmode
for  miktex  set  MpFormat	    to  metafun
for  miktex  set  MpFormatFlag      to  -undump=
for  miktex  set  TeXFormatPath   to "d:\local-texmf\miktex\fmt\"
for  miktex  set  ConTeXtPath     to "d:\local-texmf\tex\context\base\"
for  miktex  set  SetupPath       to "c:\Progra~1\MiKTeX\miktek\base\"
for  miktex  set  TeXScriptsPath  to "d:\local-texmf\scripts\context
\perl\"
for  miktex  set  TeXProgramPath  to "c:\Progra~1\MiKTeX\miktex\bin\"

Also mptopdf will not work unless you set the TEXSYSTEM environment
variable to "miktex" as on ContextGarden.

Also it occurs to me that texexec will not recognise test.txt, but
will expect test and add .tex itself.

Don't forget to update fndb at every opportunity from MikTeX's
management app.

Christopher

> Todd DeVries wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm attempting to install context under miktex 2.4. I've updated the
>> format files and followed other instructions as per the contextgarden
>> discussions. I'm probably missing something really obvious and would
>> appreciate any help offered.  I receive this output when running the
>> following commands:
>> <<
>> texexec test.txt
>
> Are you sure your tex file has extension txt? Your output is precisely
> what you get when texexec cannot find the input file, so I am a bit
> suspicious that that may be the problem.
>
> For the warnings: You need to tell texexec that you are running
> miktex, but I do not know how precisely that is done (I use tetex)
>
> Cheers, Taco

   “Since light travels faster than sound, isn’t that why
    some people appear bright until you hear them speak”
                                           — Steve Wright