* Q: indenting a table of contents
@ 2003-04-10  9:04 Marko Schuetz
From: Marko Schuetz @ 2003-04-10  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like a table of contents to be indented as:

1.1   First Section
      1.1.1   First Subsection of First Section
              1.1.1.2   ....
      1.1.2   hjfhkdsf

For a first approximation I used

\setuplist
    [section]
    [width=2em,distance=1em]
\setuplist
    [subsection]
    [margin=3em,width=3em,distance=1em]
\setuplist
    [subsubsection]
    [margin=7em,width=3em,distance=1em]

This is not satisfactory, since the distance between the numbers and
the title varies for different levels. If I use width=fit, can I
access the computed width for the previous level to set up a list? Or
is there already an option to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Marko

* Re: Q: indenting a table of contents
@ 2003-04-10 21:55 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-04-10 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marko Schuetz <MarkoSchuetz@web.de> writes:

Hello Marko,

> 1.1   First Section
>       1.1.1   First Subsection of First Section
>               1.1.1.2   ....
>       1.1.2   hjfhkdsf

How should 10.1.2 look like?

> 1.1   First Section
>       1.1.1   First Subsection of First Section
>               1.1.1.2   ....
>       10.1.2   hjfhkdsf
>      10.1.2   hjfhkdsf
>       10.1.2  hjfhkdsf

Please be more specific about the alignments and widths.

Patrick