I am relatively new to ConTeXt and hardly a TeX expert by any means, so I hope that the obvious point I have missed can be easily pointed out. The attached document trivially reproduces the issue I am having with layout. What I want to achieve is something like: * item one text that continues along here * item two and wraps nicely... Unfortunately, the itemize in the left column places all the items on a single line, even if I end them each with '\par' So, if itemize and tabulate do work together, which may not be true, what have I done wrong? This is with: TeXUtil 7.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1992-2000 executable : pdfetex format : cont-en inputfile : test output : pdftex interface : en current mode : all TeX run : 1 This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00a-pretest-20011114-ojmw-2.1 (Web2C 7.3.7) ConTeXt ver: 2001.7.11 fmt: 2002.1.19 int: english mes: english I run an up-to-date Debian unstable, so a fairly recent TeTeX distribution. I hope that these are all the details that are needed. Daniel