I finally found a tool to analyze CID fonts at https://github.com/janpe2/CFFDump I noticed two things: 1) the MKIX Top DICT INDEX doesn't contain /version, but the string is in the SID. Unfortunately merely adding it to topdict in tablewriters.cff doesn't fix the printing bug. But I'd still recommend doing so. 2) The Private DICT doesn't contain /StdHW /StdVW /StemSnapH /StemSnapV. Also BlueScale is 0. This should not matter for printing(?) but it explains why Adobe displays it differently! The hinting information is missing. Note that the code would copy this data but it's missing in the cffinfo already. I'll attach both CFF dumps here, perhaps someone finds other issues.