* A problem with HOMETEXMF
@ 2008-04-08 12:26 Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2008-04-08 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,
I have set HOMETEXMF in my setupex file, and the path is normally
recognized:

13:25 jean@boldair /home/jean % echo $HOMETEXMF
/home/jean/texmf

Luatex sees it:
13:25 jean@boldair /home/jean % luatools --expand-path HOMETEXMF
/home/jean/texmf

(not if I write $HOMETEXMF ??)

But luatex does not find files there:

13:35 jean@boldair /home/jean % luatools --find-file t-tikz.tex
<blank>

I have tried to set TEXMFHOME but got the same result. Please can anybody
explain these variables and how they work with luatex or point to some
documentation?
--
Jean

* Re: A problem with HOMETEXMF
@ 2008-04-08 12:32 ` Olivier Guéry
From: Olivier Guéry @ 2008-04-08 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Jean Magnan de Bornier
<jm.bornier@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I have set HOMETEXMF in my setupex file, and the path is normally
>  recognized:
>
>  13:25 jean@boldair /home/jean % echo $HOMETEXMF
>  /home/jean/texmf
>
>  Luatex sees it:
>  13:25 jean@boldair /home/jean % luatools --expand-path HOMETEXMF
>  /home/jean/texmf
>
>  (not if I write $HOMETEXMF ??)
>
>  But luatex does not find files there:
>
>  13:35 jean@boldair /home/jean % luatools --find-file t-tikz.tex
>  <blank>
>
>  I have tried to set TEXMFHOME but got the same result. Please can anybody
>  explain these variables and how they work with luatex or point to some
>  documentation?

Here is what I've put in my ~/.bashrc :

### Variable pour ConTeXt et LuaTeX ###
export MYTEXMF=/usr/share/texmf
export TEXMFCNF=$MYTEXMF/web2c
export TEXMFCACHE=$HOME/.texmf-cache
export LUAINPUTS=$MYTEXMF/tex/context/base:$MYTEXMF/script/context/lua

export OSFONTDIR=/usr/share/fonts/otf # pour la gestion des polices
otf qui ne sont pas dans le rep texmf ne fonctionne pas ?

alias lux='texexec --lua' # raccourcis pour flémard

Hope it help,
Olivier.

--
[Message tapé sur un clavier Bépo : http://www.clavier-dvorak.org ]
Olivier nemolivier@gmail.com http://nemolivier.blogspot.com

* Re: A problem with HOMETEXMF
@ 2008-04-08 12:43 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-04-08 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I have set HOMETEXMF in my setupex file, and the path is normally
>  recognized:
>
>  13:25 jean@boldair /home/jean % echo $HOMETEXMF
>  /home/jean/texmf
>
>  Luatex sees it:
>  13:25 jean@boldair /home/jean % luatools --expand-path HOMETEXMF
>  /home/jean/texmf
>
>  (not if I write $HOMETEXMF ??)
>
>  But luatex does not find files there:
>
>  13:35 jean@boldair /home/jean % luatools --find-file t-tikz.tex
>  <blank>
>
>  I have tried to set TEXMFHOME but got the same result. Please can anybody
>  explain these variables and how they work with luatex or point to some
>  documentation?

Hello Jean,

You need to add that variable to the list of TEXMF trees as well:
   export TEXMF='{$TEXMFPROJECT,$TEXMFFONTS,...,!!$TEXMFMAIN}'
just put it somewhere inbetween, possibly near beginning. (Maybe we
need to add it there by default.)

Mojca

* Re: A problem with HOMETEXMF
@ 2008-04-08 15:20   ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2008-04-08 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 08 avril à 14:43:29 "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> écrit notamment:

| On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:
| > Hi all,
| >  I have set HOMETEXMF in my setupex file, and the path is normally
| >  recognized:
| >
| >  13:25 jean@boldair /home/jean % echo $HOMETEXMF
| >  /home/jean/texmf
| >
| >  Luatex sees it:
| >  13:25 jean@boldair /home/jean % luatools --expand-path HOMETEXMF
| >  /home/jean/texmf
| >
| >  (not if I write $HOMETEXMF ??)
| >
| >  But luatex does not find files there:
| >
| >  13:35 jean@boldair /home/jean % luatools --find-file t-tikz.tex
| >  <blank>
| >
| >  I have tried to set TEXMFHOME but got the same result. Please can anybody
| >  explain these variables and how they work with luatex or point to some
| >  documentation?
>
| Hello Jean,
>
| You need to add that variable to the list of TEXMF trees as well:
|    export TEXMF='{$TEXMFPROJECT,$TEXMFFONTS,...,!!$TEXMFMAIN}'
| just put it somewhere inbetween, possibly near beginning. (Maybe we
| need to add it there by default.)

Hi Mojca,
Thanks a lot!!

(Olivier, merci j'ai moi aussi mon petit raccourci pour paresseux!)
--
Jean