* Missing PageNumber in s-pre-03
@ 2003-04-14  9:04 ` David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2003-04-14  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hello,

I've used the s-pre-03 style and I encountered a problem with the generated
graphics. The graphics depends on the page number and reads the page number
from the PageNumber variable. Nevertheless, the variable does not get
updated, it is initialized to 1 in the beginning of mpgraph.mp.

It can be solved by putting
PageNumber := \realfolio ;
into the code, but this is a really ugly hack.

Can you please track down where the PageNumber in Start/StopPage MP
environment has been eaten? I expect this problem affects any generated
graphics that depends on page numbers.

Thank you,
D.A.

-- Albert Einstein

* Re: Missing PageNumber in s-pre-03
@ 2003-04-16  8:35   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-04-16  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Antos <xantos@informatics.muni.cz> writes:

Hello David,

> I've used the s-pre-03 style and I encountered a problem with the generated
> graphics. The graphics depends on the page number and reads the page number
> from the PageNumber variable. Nevertheless, the variable does not get
> updated, it is initialized to 1 in the beginning of mpgraph.mp.

it works fine here. The pagenumber gets updated and the bar in the
bottom moves closer to the right edge on every page.
Could you post a problematic example?

Patrick

* Re: Missing PageNumber in s-pre-03
@ 2003-04-16  8:54   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-04-16  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Antos <xantos@informatics.muni.cz> writes:

Hello David,

> updated, it is initialized to 1 in the beginning of mpgraph.mp.

have you enabled the \write18 feature? When disabling it, I get only
one pagenumber (the last).

Patrick

* Re: Re: Missing PageNumber in s-pre-03
@ 2003-04-17 14:52     ` David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2003-04-17 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hello,

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:54:29AM +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> > updated, it is initialized to 1 in the beginning of mpgraph.mp.
>
> have you enabled the \write18 feature? When disabling it, I get only
> one pagenumber (the last).

My texmf.cnf says shell_escape = t. Even when I disable write18, I get
PageNumber := 1 in the beginning, never updated in the subsequent
figures. (I'd expect the last page number with \write18 disabled...)

I was pretty sure that PageNumber variable gets update in the
Start/StopPage block (although it is not documented AFAIK). What version
of ConTeXt are you running?

My configuration is TeXlive7 with ConTeXt 2003.3.4, respective 3.17
(latest beta).

Thanks,
D.A.

--
Hackers of the world, unite!

* Re: Re: Missing PageNumber in s-pre-03
@ 2003-04-17 15:10       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-04-17 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 16:52 17/04/2003 +0200, David Antos wrote:

>         Hello,
>
>On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:54:29AM +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> > > updated, it is initialized to 1 in the beginning of mpgraph.mp.
> >
> > have you enabled the \write18 feature? When disabling it, I get only
> > one pagenumber (the last).
>
>My texmf.cnf says shell_escape = t. Even when I disable write18, I get
>PageNumber := 1 in the beginning, never updated in the subsequent
>figures. (I'd expect the last page number with \write18 disabled...)
>
>I was pretty sure that PageNumber variable gets update in the
>Start/StopPage block (although it is not documented AFAIK). What version
>of ConTeXt are you running?

can you check your meta-ini.tex?

\appendtoks
   \includeMPgraphic{init data}
\to \MPinitializations

i think that i patched it a few weeks ago (because indeed this kind of data
was st only once)

i'll send yuo meta-ini.tex off-list

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl