* Different margins
@ 2003-03-19 20:11 Nagy Bence
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Nagy Bence @ 2003-03-19 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

is it possible to give a different layout (different margins) for a
small part of a page or pages (like a negative narrower)? I should set
texts in narrow columns and pictures in wide columns on the same page.

Greetings,

Bence Nagy

* Re: Different margins
@ 2003-03-20  9:43 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-20  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 09:11 PM 3/19/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>is it possible to give a different layout (different margins) for a
>small part of a page or pages (like a negative narrower)? I should set
>texts in narrow columns and pictures in wide columns on the same page.

www.pragma-ade.com/showcase.pdf  -> details.pdf

shows a couple of methods (like using edges and margins)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Different margins
@ 2003-03-21 20:59 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-03-21 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> is it possible to give a different layout (different margins) for a
> small part of a page or pages (like a negative narrower)? I should set
> texts in narrow columns and pictures in wide columns on the same page.

 I can not answer you directly your question. I would only lik e to suggest
that you have a look at the new
details.pdf manual. May be that you can distill from this a solution for
your problem. I feel that a possible solution is the use of layers...

Best wishes Willi

* Re: Different margins
@ 2003-03-21 21:39 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-03-21 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nagy Bence <gimb@freemail.hu> writes:

Hello,

> is it possible to give a different layout (different margins) for a
> small part of a page or pages (like a negative narrower)?

Try this, perhaps it does what you want:

\showframe
\starttext
\input tufte
\page
\setuplayout[backspace=5cm,leftmargin=4cm,width=7cm]
\input tufte
\page
\setuplayout[backspace=1cm,leftmargin=.5cm]
\input tufte
\stoptext

Patrick