* lower superscripts in MkIV -- too low?
@ 2014-03-21 16:34 Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2014-03-21 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear math typesetting aficianados,

In the following example,

\starttext
$x^3\ x\mathstrut^3$
\stoptext

the superscript without the strut is about 2pt lower than with the
strut, using MkIV.  With MkII or plain TeX, they are the same height
(at the higher position obtained by using the \mathstrut in MkIV).

My eye tells me that the higher position looks more right.  Do others
agree?  Or, if it's a matter of taste, is the difference configurable
so that one can get the MkII behavior even without the \mathstrut?

--
-Sanjoy