* Typesetting Markdown -- Part 2
@ 2019-05-29 21:54 Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2019-05-29 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

The second part describes how to create a PDF file from a Markdown file
using pandoc and ConTeXt:
https://dave.autonoma.ca/blog/2019/05/29/typesetting-markdown-part-2/

If anyone has suggestions to improve the ConTeXt-related portions, please
pass them along.

I've considered using ConTeXt's Markdown module, but I'm not sure how much
of Pandoc's enhanced Markdown it supports.

Thank you!

* Re: Typesetting Markdown -- Part 2
@ 2019-05-30  9:01 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-05-30  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/29/2019 11:54 PM, Thangalin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The second part describes how to create a PDF file from a Markdown file
> using pandoc and ConTeXt:
>
> https://dave.autonoma.ca/blog/2019/05/29/typesetting-markdown-part-2/
>
> If anyone has suggestions to improve the ConTeXt-related portions,
> please pass them along.
>
> I've considered using ConTeXt's Markdown module, but I'm not sure how
> much of Pandoc's enhanced Markdown it supports.
just test it and tell me what needs to be fixed / added

Hans

* Re: Typesetting Markdown -- Part 2
@ 2019-05-30 10:18   ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2019-05-30 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> writes:

> just test it and tell me what needs to be fixed / added

I'm looking at https://github.com/Witiko/markdown and wondering which
flavour of Markdown this package does support?

By reading https://github.com/Witiko/markdown/issues/25 it could mean it
could be Pandoc's one, but not sure?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body,
from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes

* Re: Typesetting Markdown -- Part 2
@ 2019-05-30 13:00     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-05-30 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/30/2019 12:18 PM, Saša Janiška wrote:
> Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> writes:
>
>> just test it and tell me what needs to be fixed / added
>
> I'm looking at https://github.com/Witiko/markdown and wondering which
> flavour of Markdown this package does support?
>
> By reading https://github.com/Witiko/markdown/issues/25 it could mean it
> could be Pandoc's one, but not sure?
I don't know as I never use these coding methods. But it might make
sense to check all these mappings onto context, for instance I think
that pandoc uses \section and such while in fact it should use
\startsectionlevel[title={}] ... \stopsectionlevel so that one can embed
documents in other documents.

(An option is to look into mappings onto xml.)

Hans

* Re: Typesetting Markdown -- Part 2
@ 2019-05-30 21:04     ` David Nebauer
From: David Nebauer @ 2019-05-30 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saša Janiška, ntg-context

https://github.com/Witiko/markdown is forked from https://github.com/jgm/lunamark. Github user "jgm" is John MacFarlane, the creator of pandoc, and pandoc itself is hosted on github under "jgm" as well: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc.

So, it seems a good bet that https://github.com/Witiko/markdown supports pandoc markdown.

Regards,
David.

Excerpts from Saša Janiška's message of May 30, 2019 7:48 pm:

@ 2019-05-31  1:28       ` Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2019-05-31  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

> sense to check all these mappings onto context, for instance I think
> that pandoc uses \section and such while in fact it should use
> \startsectionlevel[title={}] ... \stopsectionlevel so that one can embed
> documents in other documents.

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/5539

Feel free to add comments to the issue.

* Re: Typesetting Markdown -- Part 2
@ 2019-05-31 10:08       ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2019-05-31 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

David Nebauer <david@nebauer.id.au> writes:

> https://github.com/Witiko/markdown is forked from
> https://github.com/jgm/lunamark. Github user "jgm" is John MacFarlane,
> the creator of pandoc, and pandoc itself is hosted on github under
> "jgm" as well: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc.
>
> So, it seems a good bet that https://github.com/Witiko/markdown
> supports pandoc markdown.

Well John MacFarlane is [here](https://commonmark.org/) as well. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
While contemplating the objects of the senses, a person
develops attachment for them, and from such attachment lust