* Howto have page size to fit with image size
@ 2007-06-20 16:41 Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2007-06-20 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
I want to produce a unique metapost image which should be alone on its
page and its file, and I want to have a page the size of the image,
whichever this size is.

I tried this:

\setupcolors[state=start]
\setuplayout[width=fit,height=fit]
\starttext
\startuseMPgraphic{dummy}
  fill fullcircle scaled 5cm withcolor red ;
\stopuseMPgraphic
\useMPgraphic{dummy}
\stoptext

But the setuplayout options don't seem to provide what I want. Thank
for any hint to have the page size automatically ajust.
--
Jean

* Re: Howto have page size to fit with image size
@ 2007-06-20 17:22 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-06-20 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@free.fr> writes:

> Hi all,
> I want to produce a unique metapost image which should be alone on its
> page and its file, and I want to have a page the size of the image,
> whichever this size is.

use \startTEXpage:

\setupcolors[state=start]
%\setuplayout[width=fit,height=fit]
\starttext
\startTEXpage
\startuseMPgraphic{dummy}
  fill fullcircle scaled 5cm withcolor red ;
\stopuseMPgraphic
\useMPgraphic{dummy}
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext

Patrick

--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Howto have page size to fit with image size
@ 2007-06-20 18:11   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-06-20 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:22:14 +0200
Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch> wrote:

> Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@free.fr> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I want to produce a unique metapost image which should be alone on its
> > page and its file, and I want to have a page the size of the image,
> > whichever this size is.
>
> use \startTEXpage:
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> %\setuplayout[width=fit,height=fit]
> \starttext
> \startTEXpage
> \startuseMPgraphic{dummy}
>   fill fullcircle scaled 5cm withcolor red ;
> \stopuseMPgraphic
> \useMPgraphic{dummy}
> \stopTEXpage
> \stoptext
>
> Patrick

we have also \startMPpage:

\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext
\startMPpage
  fill fullcircle scaled 5cm withcolor red ;
\stopMPpage
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Howto have page size to fit with image size
@ 2007-06-20 18:14     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-06-20 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> we have also \startMPpage:
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \starttext
> \startMPpage
>   fill fullcircle scaled 5cm withcolor red ;
> \stopMPpage
> \stoptext

Great! I keep forgetting those.

Patrick

* Re: Howto have page size to fit with image size
@ 2007-06-21  5:45     ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2007-06-21  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 20 juin à 20:11:14 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> écrit notamment:

| On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:22:14 +0200
| Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch> wrote:
>
| > Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@free.fr> writes:
| >
| > > Hi all,
| > > I want to produce a unique metapost image which should be alone on its
| > > page and its file, and I want to have a page the size of the image,
| > > whichever this size is.
| >
| > use \startTEXpage:
| >
| > \setupcolors[state=start]
| > %\setuplayout[width=fit,height=fit]
| > \starttext
| > \startTEXpage
| > \startuseMPgraphic{dummy}
| >   fill fullcircle scaled 5cm withcolor red ;
| > \stopuseMPgraphic
| > \useMPgraphic{dummy}
| > \stopTEXpage
| > \stoptext
| >
| > Patrick
>
| we have also \startMPpage:
>
| \setupcolors[state=start]
| \starttext
| \startMPpage
|   fill fullcircle scaled 5cm withcolor red ;
| \stopMPpage
| \stoptext
>
| Wolfgang

Patrick and Wolfgang, thak you much; these work fine!
--
Jean