* Problem with \dosetupsystem
@ 2003-07-30  1:38 Tan Hwee Huat
From: Tan Hwee Huat @ 2003-07-30  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all, I am new to ConTeXt, and am learning to use it with the version in the  fpTeX 0.6 distribution.
On the office PC, I have no problem with using texexec for trying out various small context files.
But on the home PC, use of texexec on the file trymeta.tex with  the command-line

texexec trymeta

always leads to a halt in \dosetupsystem with the following error message:

system         : trymeta.top loaded
(./trymeta.top)
Runaway argument?
\c!gebied ={\setupsystem [inputfile=trymeta.tex] \protect
! File ended while scanning use of \dosetupsystem.
<inserted text>
                \par
<to be read again>
                   \relax
\dodoreadfile ...normalinput \readfilename \relax
                                                  \the \everyafterreadfile
<everyjob> ...file \openutilities \loadoptionfile
                                                  \checknotes \initializeMPg...
l.1
    \starttext
?

But the strange thing is if I execute the command in with another drive as the current drive, and preceed the filename trymeta with the correct drive letter, it will work to completion. For example, if the tyrmeta.tex is on drive C, and I change drive to drive D (using the command d:), and type

texexec c:\trymeta

the command will complete with the production of the dvi file.

Any reason for this strange behaviour? Thank you in advance for any advice.

Hwee Huat

* Re: Problem with \dosetupsystem
@ 2003-07-30  9:05 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-07-30  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hwee Huat,

the complete trymeta.log might be interesting in this case. Do other
TeX files run correctly (LaTeX?). But since I am not a windows user,
I cannot really comment on this.

Patrick
--
Silent is the goldfish in its bowl