From: John Lord via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Cc: John Lord <john@lordsonline.org>
Subject: Re: Status of moderncv with ConTeXt ?
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 10:29:48 -0600	[thread overview]

kaddour kardio via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> writes:

> it worked flawlesly dear John.
> Thank you.
> PS: how can we do to enrich the environnement and use it as a
> full-featured replacement of
> the older module?
>
> Le sam. 4 déc. 2021 à 19:45, John Lord via ntg-context
> <ntg-context@ntg.nl> a écrit :
>
>  Laurent Steffan via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> writes:
>
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  > In the deprecated document about "Correspondence" dated 2010,
>  > the chapter on résumés describes a ConTeXt
>  > reimplementation of the moderncv package. Is this still
>  > usable,
>  > and if so, where can I get the relevant files ?
>  >
>  > Thanks in advance
>  > Laurent Steffan
>  >

>  Hi all
>
>  I am a recent convert to ConTeXt and have been enjoying the
>  ride.
>  was also not able to get it to work. So, I created a simplified
>  version which compiles on the latest LMTX version of ConTeXt. I
>  am
>  including a copy here in case it is of interest to anyone else.
>  The
>  files included are resume-style, resume-template, and
>  cover-context.
>
>  This is my first post so hopefully the attachments come through
>  OK.
>
>  Regards
>
>  John Lord

I am glad this worked without issue. Unfortunately, I am not a
programmer so producing a general purpose module is beyond my
ability at this stage. This was more of a fun exercise to
replicate my LaTeX-produced moderncv resume into a ConTeXt
version. It also gave me the opportunity to learn the ConTeXt way.

I would be more than happy if somebody else were to take this and
improve.

Regards

John Lord