* GNU Emacs - Context Command Reference
@ 2008-04-23 11:29 Suno Ano
From: Suno Ano @ 2008-04-23 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I was looking for a command reference that includes all Context
commands. There are a few choices to pick from [0] (see "Find
Definition").

However, since I am a big GNU Info fanboy -- I love to not leave Emacs
while writing Context source etc. -- I was looking for something
"faster" than fiddling around with some PDF manual respectively the
on-line command reference. I am now using [1] which works quite nice [2]

,----[ Debian repository for etexshow? ]
`----

,----[ apt-file search etexshow ]
`----

,----[ apt-cache show etexshow ]
| W: Unable to locate package etexshow
| E: No packages found
`----

[0] http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command_Syntax
[1] http://levana.de/emacs --> etexshow.tgz
[2] http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7207/etexshowvo3.png

* Re: GNU Emacs - Context Command Reference
@ 2008-04-24 10:50 ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2008-04-24 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Suno> However, since I am a big GNU Info fanboy -- I love to not leave
Suno> Emacs while writing Context source etc. -- I was looking for
Suno> something "faster" than fiddling around with some PDF manual
Suno> respectively the on-line command reference. I am now using [1]
Suno> which works quite nice [2] ...

Heh, same here...I'd like to have all docs available in emacs...

iirc, Patrick spoke sometime ago that he might update etexshow...

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 196 bytes --]

* Re: GNU Emacs - Context Command Reference
@ 2008-04-24 20:53   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2008-04-24 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

> Heh, same here...I'd like to have all docs available in emacs...
>
> iirc, Patrick spoke sometime ago that he might update etexshow...

I am not going to promise anything, but the whole texshow family will be
refurbished. Perhaps even the black sheep etexshow :).

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: GNU Emacs - Context Command Reference
@ 2008-04-24 21:10     ` Suno Ano
From: Suno Ano @ 2008-04-24 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

 >| On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 22:53:22 +0200,
 >| Patrick Gundlach
 >| from the organization of chaos
 >| who can be reached at: patrick@gundla.ch
 >| (whose comments are cited below with " Patrick> "),
 >| had this to say in article <m0wsmnotz1.fsf@levana.de>
 >| in newsgroups gmane.comp.tex.context
 >| concerning the subject of Re: GNU Emacs - Context Command Reference
 >| (see <87abjkstb5.fsf@googlemail.com> <87prsfil0y.fsf@nitai.hr> for more details)

 Patrick> I am not going to promise anything, but the whole texshow
 Patrick> family will be refurbished.
Ohhh ... I like how that one sounds :-)

Packaging however is another issue -- being able to apt-getting it might
be awesome. Afaik there is no Debian repository around now that provides
it.