* table column alignment
@ 2003-02-16 16:50 Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2003-02-16 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

More on tables and such:

Looking through "The Elements of Typographic Style," the author
recommends tables be aligned on the decimal or flush right.  If there
is no decimal in an entry using the decimal alignment, in effect such a
number is aligned as if it had a decimal.  What you get is something
like:

10
10.2
10.34

I cannot seem to do this in ConTeXt. It seem either all figures must
have a decimal, or must not.

Bruce

* Re: table column alignment
@ 2003-02-16 22:28 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-02-16 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt list

At 11:50 AM 2/16/2003 -0500, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

>More on tables and such:
>
>Looking through "The Elements of Typographic Style," the author recommends
>tables be aligned on the decimal or flush right.  If there

i must admit that i still have to read it (btw, it's a nice but quite
narrow book that, i fear that i have to crack the binding -)

>  is no decimal in an entry using the decimal alignment, in effect such a
> number is aligned as if it had a decimal.  What you get is something like:
>
>10
>10.2
>10.34
>
>I cannot seem to do this in ConTeXt. It seem either all figures must have
>a decimal, or must not.

10\\

should do the trick, can you check this?

[more ont his in supp-num [including auto . , swapping and so]

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: table column alignment
@ 2003-02-17  8:16   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-02-17  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

Hello Hans,

>>  is no decimal in an entry using the decimal alignment, in effect
>> such a number is aligned as if it had a decimal.  What you get is
>> something like:

> 10\\
>
> should do the trick, can you check this?
>
> [more ont his in supp-num [including auto . , swapping and so]

I have tried:

\starttabulate[|mc|]
\NC \digits{100.000,00} \NC\NR
\NC \digits{~10.000,00} \NC\NR
\NC \digits{~~1.100,00} \NC\NR
\NC \digits{~~~~10,~~} \NC\NR
\stoptabulate

Is it possible to put the \digits into the preamble of the tabular?
Say

\starttbaulte[|?{\digits{#1}}|]
\NC 100.000,00 \NC\NR
\NC ~10.000,00 \NC\NR