* missing space with French quotation
@ 2022-09-21 16:12 Peter Münster via ntg-context
From: Peter Münster via ntg-context @ 2022-09-21 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users; +Cc: Peter Münster

Hi,

With the latest ConTeXt version, there is a missing space:

\mainlanguage[fr]
\setcharacterspacing[frenchpunctuation]
\starttext
bla \quotation{OK} bla\\
bla «OK» bla
\startquotation
  Here is missing space
\stopquotation
\stoptext

How could I get back the space before "»" please?

TIA for any help,
--
           Peter

* Re: missing space with French quotation
@ 2022-09-22  8:21 ` Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context
From: Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context @ 2022-09-22  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Jean-Pierre Delange

Hi Peter,

I know that's not the expected answer and I'm sorry about that. But why
use \startquotation when \quotation{something} does the job just fine?

I've looked to replicate your MWE and for my part, there's just a space
missing at the end of the quote before the last quote (but I'm working
with an older version of CTX). To get the quote indented, instead of
\startquotation, I use the command \startnarrower and \stopnarrower.

What about something like this :

\mainlanguage[fr] \setcharacterspacing[frenchpunctuation]

\starttext bla \quotation{Que d'hommes entre Dieu et moi !} bla\\ bla
«OK» bla

\startnarrower

\quotation{\tfx{On cherche à mieux cerner les effets des commandes de
\ConTeXt sur les citations et les espaces entre les guillemets}}

\stopnarrower

\stoptext

Sorry if my answer is not very helpful !

JP

--
Jean-Pierre Delange
Agrégé de philosophie

* Re: missing space with French quotation
@ 2022-09-22 12:46   ` Peter Münster via ntg-context
From: Peter Münster via ntg-context @ 2022-09-22 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Peter Münster

On Thu, Sep 22 2022, Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context wrote:

> But why use \startquotation when \quotation{something} does the job
> just fine?

It's not the same:

\starttext
bla \quotation{quotation} bla
\blank[big]
bla
\startquotation
  quotation
\stopquotation
bla
\stoptext

> I use the command \startnarrower and \stopnarrower.

It's not the same:

\starttext
\startquotation
  quotation\\quotation