* External graphics directory
@ 2017-10-19  9:27 N. Raghavendra
From: N. Raghavendra @ 2017-10-19  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Is it possible to specify an external graphics directory either as an
environment variable, or as a command line option to `context', instead
of writing `\setupexternalfigures [directory=../../foo]'?  I tried the
environment variable setting

TEXINPUTS=../../foo::

as in http://www.tex.ac.uk/FAQ-graphicspath.html, and the command line
option

--path=../../foo

for `context', but neither works in my Linux environment.  I would like
to avoid cluttering ConTeXt files with system paths.

Thanks and regards,
Raghu.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu@hri.res.in>, http://www.retrotexts.net/
Harish-Chandra Research Institute, http://www.hri.res.in/

* Re: External graphics directory
@ 2017-10-23 15:45 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2017-10-23 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Thu, Oct 19 2017, N. Raghavendra wrote:

> Is it possible to specify an external graphics directory either as an
> environment variable, or as a command line option to `context', instead
> of writing `\setupexternalfigures [directory=../../foo]'?

Yes.
Command: "context --arguments=imagedir=../../foo file"
File: "\setupexternalfigures[directory=\env{imagedir}]"

--
           Peter

* Re: External graphics directory
@ 2017-10-23 16:44   ` N. Raghavendra
From: N. Raghavendra @ 2017-10-23 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

At 2017-10-23T17:45:05+02:00, Peter Münster wrote:

> Yes.
> Command: "context --arguments=imagedir=../../foo file"
> File: "\setupexternalfigures[directory=\env{imagedir}]"

Thank you, this works perfectly.  It led me also to the
\getvariable{environment}{...}, \getdocumentargument, and
\do*documentargument commands, which may be useful later on.

Regards,
Raghu.