* ’Undefined control sequence’ with basic example
@ 2016-04-29  9:05 Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2016-04-29  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I had to prepare some text for my mother by extracting some portions
from her book (done in LyX/LaTeX) and now wanted to use it as example to
see the quality of job done by LuaTeX…

However, converting LyX —> LaTeX —> Pandoc –> ConTeXt failed and I tried
with the simple example
(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/startsection):

% mode=mkiv
\setuppapersize[A5]
\starttext

\startsection[
    reference=sec:One,
    title={Section One},
]

For a subsection, see \in{subsection}[sec:Two:Sec].

\stopsection

\startsection[
    reference=sec:Two,
    title={Section Two},
]
[a_variable={some value}]

a_variable=\quote{\structureuservariable{a_variable}}.

\startsubsection[
    reference=sec:Two:Sec,
    title={Here’s a subsection},
]

In this subsection there’s some text\ldots

\stopsubsection
\stopsection
\stoptext

but running it under Debian (Sid) gives:

[gour@atmarama ~/prj/knjiga]$ luatex t.tex
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.80.0 (TeX Live 2015/Debian) (rev 5238)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
(./t.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.2 \setuppapersize
                 [A5]
? l
Type <return> to proceed, S to scroll future error messages,
R to run without stopping, Q to run quietly,
I to insert something, E to edit your file,
1 or ... or 9 to ignore the next 1 to 9 tokens of input,
H for help, X to quit.
? x
No pages of output.
Transcript written on t.log.
[gour@atmarama ~/prj/knjiga]$ less t.tex
[gour@atmarama ~/prj/knjiga]$ luatex t.tex
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.80.0 (TeX Live 2015/Debian) (rev 5238)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
(./t.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.2 \setuppapersize
                 [A5]
?

What is wrong?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person who has given up all desires for sense gratification,
who lives free from desires, who has given up all sense of

* Re: ’Undefined control sequence’ with basic example
@ 2016-04-29  9:10 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-04-29  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Saša Janiška <mailto:gour@atmarama.com>
> 29. April 2016 um 11:05
> Hello,
>
> I had to prepare some text for my mother by extracting some portions
> from her book (done in LyX/LaTeX) and now wanted to use it as example to
> see the quality of job done by LuaTeX…
>
> However, converting LyX —> LaTeX —> Pandoc –> ConTeXt failed and I tried
> with the simple example
> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/startsection):
>
> % mode=mkiv
> \setuppapersize[A5]
> \starttext
>
> \startsection[
> reference=sec:One,
> title={Section One},
> ]
>
> For a subsection, see \in{subsection}[sec:Two:Sec].
>
> \stopsection
>
> \startsection[
> reference=sec:Two,
> title={Section Two},
> ]
> [a_variable={some value}]
>
> a_variable=\quote{\structureuservariable{a_variable}}.
>
> \startsubsection[
> reference=sec:Two:Sec,
> title={Here’s a subsection},
> ]
>
> In this subsection there’s some text\ldots
>
> \stopsubsection
> \stopsection
> \stoptext
>
> but running it under Debian (Sid) gives:
>
> [gour@atmarama ~/prj/knjiga]$ luatex t.tex
context <filename>

Wolfgang

* Re: ’Undefined control sequence’ with basic example
@ 2016-04-29  9:21   ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2016-04-29  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> writes:

> context <filename>

Ahh, that is embarrassing. :-(

It seems the time is ripe to dive more seriously into ConTeXt…

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Before giving up this present body, if one is able to tolerate
the urges of the material senses and check the force of desire and