* breaking text in mp code
@ 2003-03-14 12:11 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-03-14 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I try to get a label in metafun that is broken into two lines:

some
text

the following \break is silently ignored. Putting the textext inside
a vbox did not help.

% interface=en output=pdf
\starttext
\startMPcode
label (textext("some\break text"),origin);
\stopMPcode
\stoptext

How do I get the some text in two lines?

Patrick

* Re: breaking text in mp code
@ 2003-03-14 13:18 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-03-14 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:11:11 +0100
Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de> wrote:

> I try to get a label in metafun that is broken into two lines:
>
> some
> text
>
> the following \break is silently ignored. Putting the textext inside
> a vbox did not help.

> % interface=en output=pdf
> \starttext
> \startMPcode
> label (textext("some\break text"),origin);
> \stopMPcode
> \stoptext
>

> How do I get the some text in two lines?

\rbox{some\\ text} works here

Jens

* Re: breaking text in mp code
@ 2003-03-14 14:55   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-03-14 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jens-Uwe Morawski <morawski@gmx.net> writes:

Hello Jens,

>> How do I get the some text in two lines?
>
> \rbox{some\\ text} works here

not here ... May I have your computer?

\starttext
\startMPcode
label (textext("\rbox{some\\ text}"),origin);
\stopMPcode
\stoptext

Do you have any ideas?

! Incomplete \iffalse; all text was ignored after line 7.
<inserted text>
                \fi
<to be read again>
                   \endwrite
<inserted text> }\endwrite

\flushMPgraphicline ...ate \write \MPwrite {#1#2;}
                                                  \expandafter \flushMPgraph...

\nododowriteMPgraphicline ...cline \ascii \empty ;
                                                  \relax ;\fi \egroup \fi \fi
\shortMPflush ...icline #1#2tex \relax etex\MPend
                                                  \expandafter \shortMPflush...

Patrick