* metafun installation problem
@ 2002-05-04 17:52 Eros Albertazzi
From: Eros Albertazzi @ 2002-05-04 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am new to context and tried to set it up and, hopefully, use it. I
have tetex...
I have been able to run the "let's see if it works" of the
how-to-install manual, but then:

--> texexec --make metafun
TeXExec 1.9 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2000
fmtutil: no info for format `cont-metafun'.

Any clue? Something to uncomment? Regards.
--
Eros Albertazzi
CNR-IMM, Via P.Gobetti 101, 40129 Bologna, Italy

* Re: metafun installation problem
@ 2002-05-04 18:23 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2002-05-04 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eros Albertazzi <eros@lamel.bo.cnr.it> writes:

Hello Eros,

> I am new to context and tried to set it up and, hopefully, use it. I
> have tetex...

It looks as if you try to use the context from the tetex installation.
This is not a good idea... see below:

> --> texexec --make metafun
> TeXExec 1.9 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2000
> fmtutil: no info for format `cont-metafun'.

the texexec is way too old. The best thing is to download a new
context distribution. See http://www.pragma-ade.com/ and the context
download is at http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/cont-tmf.zip. I do
not think that it makes any sense to stick with the old tools.

You could of course generate a metafun format with
inimpost metafun
if you use tetex with linux (which I guess). And put this metafun.mem
in a path that will be searched by kpathsea (try 'kpsepath mem').

Patrick

--
I'll fade into the darkness