* Tabulate and \HL and "Header"
@ 2001-07-13 10:21 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2001-07-13 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a huge table (spans 20 pages, database generated (perl)) with a
\starttabulate[|l w(5.3em)|l w(5.1em)|l|l|p|p|]

Using \HL between all items I get the odd result that on some pages there
is not \HL at the end of one page (but always on the top).
I would like to have a \HL at the bottom.

Moreover since this a table I'd like to repeat the header on each page.

Notes:
- I'd like to use \bTABLE but it is too slow and hungry and doesn't
  support multi-page anyhow
- I'm in favour of tabulate instead of tables since it nicely calculates
  the needed width of "p" which isn't the case with TaBlE.
  (But this seems presently the only alternative ...)

Tobias

* Re: Tabulate and \HL and "Header"
@ 2001-07-13 11:29 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-07-13 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Friday, July 13, 2001 Tobias Burnus wrote:

TB> Hi,

TB> I have a huge table (spans 20 pages, database generated (perl)) with a
TB> \starttabulate[|l w(5.3em)|l w(5.1em)|l|l|p|p|]

TB> Using \HL between all items I get the odd result that on some pages there
TB> is not \HL at the end of one page (but always on the top).
TB> I would like to have a \HL at the bottom.

I think that in tabulates you should use \FL, \ML, \LL for top,
middle and bottom rules respectively?

TB> Moreover since this a table I'd like to repeat the header on each page.

That's something I'd like to do to. It's possible to do it with
\starttable/\stoptable, but not with tabulates, AFAIK.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Tabulate and \HL and "Header"
@ 2001-07-13 12:05 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2001-07-13 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt

Tobias Burnus <tobias.burnus@physik.fu-berlin.de> writes:

> Moreover since this a table I'd like to repeat the header on each
> page.

Below some dutch interface macro's, see mult*.tex for translation.

-----------------------------------
% table template
\definieertabelvorm[FormControl][|r|p(10cm)|][FormControlHead][FormControlTail]

\starttabelkop[FormControlHead]
\RL\SR
\HL
\VL Control nr \VL Opmerking \VL\SR
\HL
\stoptabelkop

\starttabelstaart[FormControlTail]
\HL
\stoptabelstaart
-----------------------------------

--
Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: Tabulate and \HL and "Header"
@ 2001-07-13 12:57   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-07-13 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Tobias Burnus, ntg-context

At 01:29 PM 7/13/01 +0200, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>That's something I'd like to do to. It's possible to do it with
>\starttable/\stoptable, but not with tabulates, AFAIK.

some day ... [i need it too] ... to busy installing a new laptop now -)

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl