* context + MacOS + accents
@ 2003-03-25  9:25 Jean-Pierre Le Narzul
From: Jean-Pierre Le Narzul @ 2003-03-25  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm using ConTeXt on my iMac (teTeX distribution through I-installer
program)

Everything seems OK except for inputing accentuated characters ...
If I type \'a I got the correct character (accentuated a) but if I type
directly the accentuated
character from the keyboard, I got no result ....

I start my document with \useregime[mac] (or \enableregime[mac]) but it
does not change
anything ....
Any idea ?

thanks in advance

  jp

* Re: context + MacOS + accents
@ 2003-03-25 10:12 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-03-25 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jean-Pierre Le Narzul <lenarzul@rennes.enst-bretagne.fr> writes:

Hello,

> Everything seems OK except for inputing accentuated characters ...
> If I type \'a I got the correct character (accentuated a) but if I
> type directly the accentuated
> character from the keyboard, I got no result ....

a wild guess: your file is encoded in isolatin 1 and not MacRoman. So
give \enableregime[il1] a try.

Patrick

* Re: Context, MacOS, accents
@ 2003-03-26 14:25       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-03-26 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jean-Pierre Le Narzul <lenarzul@rennes.enst-bretagne.fr> writes:

Hello Jean-Pierre,

> I just decided to use iso-latin1 for encoding character and selected
> \enableregime[il1].

So what editor did you use? \enableregime[mac] should be ok. How old
is your ConTeXt version?

> Curiously, Mac Roman and \enableregime[mac] doesn't work but it
> doesn't matter ...

You won't be the last person to try using it. So it would be nice to
get this fixed.

Patrick

* Re: Context, MacOS, accents
@ 2003-03-25 17:19 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-03-25 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jean-Pierre Le Narzul <JP.LeNarzul@enst-bretagne.fr> writes:

Hello,

> Any idea ? (sorry if it's a Faq but I didn't find any solution in
> reading the mailing list archive ....)

this is indeed an faq. This is the second time it was asked within a
few hours... ;-)

Seriously: have you seen my previous post to your question?

(short answer: try \enableregime[il1])

Patrick

* Context, MacOS, accents
@ 2003-03-25  8:50 Jean-Pierre Le Narzul