* Problem with the installation of a module
@ 2015-08-14 21:03 Andrea De Michele
From: Andrea De Michele @ 2015-08-14 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I tried to install the PocketDiary module but I had some problem.
I follow the instruction at:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules

so first I copy the files in my texmf-local directory and after that I run:

 context --generate

but context didn't find the new module.

I use linux and I have installed texlive 2015 in my home directory, so my texmf-local directory is /home/admich/texlive/texmf-local

In the output of  context --generate I noticed the following lines:

resolvers       | resolving | locating list of 'home/admich/texlive/texmf-local' (cached)
resolvers       | methods | resolving, method 'locators', how 'uri', handler 'file', argument 'home/admich/texlive/texmf-local'
resolvers       | files | file locator 'home/admich/texlive/texmf-local' not found

This seems not correct because is missing the initial / . For example the following lines are:

resolvers       | resolving | locating list of 'selfautoparent:texmf-dist' (cached)
resolvers       | methods | resolving, method 'locators', how 'uri', handler 'file', argument 'selfautoparent:texmf-dist'
resolvers       | files | file locator 'selfautoparent:texmf-dist' found as '/home/admich/texlive/2015/texmf-dist'
resolvers       | resolving |

with the right initial /

kpathsea find the right $TEXMFLOCAL:

~$ kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFLOCAL
/home/admich/texlive/texmf-local

--
Andrea De Michele

* Re: Problem with the installation of a module
@ 2015-08-15  1:08 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2015-08-15  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015, Andrea De Michele wrote:

> I tried to install the PocketDiary module but I had some problem.
> I follow the instruction at:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules
>
> so first I copy the files in my texmf-local directory and after that I run:

You are storing the files according the Tex Directory Structure, right?

> context --generate
>
> but context didn't find the new module.
>
> I use linux and I have installed texlive 2015 in my home directory, so my texmf-local directory is /home/admich/texlive/texmf-local
>
> In the output of  context --generate I noticed the following lines:

> resolvers       | resolving | locating list of 'home/admich/texlive/texmf-local' (cached)
> resolvers       | methods | resolving, method 'locators', how 'uri', handler 'file', argument 'home/admich/texlive/texmf-local'
> resolvers       | files | file locator 'home/admich/texlive/texmf-local' not found
>
> This seems not correct because is missing the initial / . For example the following lines are:
>
> resolvers       | resolving | locating list of 'selfautoparent:texmf-dist' (cached)
> resolvers       | methods | resolving, method 'locators', how 'uri', handler 'file', argument 'selfautoparent:texmf-dist'
> resolvers       | files | file locator 'selfautoparent:texmf-dist' found as '/home/admich/texlive/2015/texmf-dist'
> resolvers       | resolving |
>
> with the right initial /
>
> kpathsea find the right $TEXMFLOCAL:
>
> ~$ kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFLOCAL
> /home/admich/texlive/texmf-local

context (mkiv) does not use kpse (texmf.cnf) but uses the values stored it
texmfcnf.lua. To check the value of TEXMFLOCAL use

mtxrun --expand-var TEXMFLOCAL

You can also try:

context --trackers=resolvers.\* filename

Aditya

* Re: Problem with the installation of a module
@ 2015-08-15  6:58   ` Andrea De Michele
From: Andrea De Michele @ 2015-08-15  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> writes:

> On Fri, 14 Aug 2015, Andrea De Michele wrote:
>
>> I tried to install the PocketDiary module but I had some problem.
>> I follow the instruction at:
>>
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules
>>
>> so first I copy the files in my texmf-local directory and after that I run:
>
> You are storing the files according the Tex Directory Structure, right?
Yes. The files are in following two directories.

/home/admich/texlive/texmf-local/tex/context/third/pocketdiary/
/home/admich/texlive/texmf-local/doc/context/third/pocketdiary/

After mktexlsr texdoc find the documentation of the module:

~ $ texdoc -l pocket
 1 /home/admich/texlive/texmf-local/doc/context/third/pocketdiary/t-pocketdiary.pdf
 2 /home/admich/texlive/texmf-local/doc/context/third/pocketdiary/README.txt
Please enter the number of the file to view, anything else to skip:

The problem seems to be in how context find the files path. As you suggested I tried:

~ $ mtxrun --expand-var TEXMFLOCAL

home/admich/texlive/texmf-local

I think that the problem is here. It should be /home/admich/texlive/texmf-local

@ 2015-08-15  7:11   ` Andrea De Michele
From: Andrea De Michele @ 2015-08-15  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2015-08-16  0:25     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2015-08-16  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015, Andrea De Michele wrote:

> The problem seems to be in how context find the files path. As you suggested I tried:
>
> ~ $ mtxrun --expand-var TEXMFLOCAL
>
> home/admich/texlive/texmf-local
>
> I think that the problem is here. It should be /home/admich/texlive/texmf-local

Not sure why the starting / is lost on your system. You can look in
texmfcnf.lua in $TEXMF/web2c/. A simpler solution might be to set

TEXMFLOCAL=/home/admich/texlive/texmf-local

in your shell (.bashrc, etc.)

Aditya

* Re: Problem with the installation of a module
@ 2015-08-16 19:22       ` Andrea De Michele
From: Andrea De Michele @ 2015-08-16 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> writes:

> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015, Andrea De Michele wrote:
>
>> The problem seems to be in how context find the files path. As you suggested I tried:
>>
>> ~ $ mtxrun --expand-var TEXMFLOCAL
>>
>> home/admich/texlive/texmf-local
>>
>> I think that the problem is here. It should be /home/admich/texlive/texmf-local
>
> Not sure why the starting / is lost on your system. You can look in
> texmfcnf.lua in $TEXMF/web2c/. A simpler solution might be to set
>
> TEXMFLOCAL=/home/admich/texlive/texmf-local
>
> in your shell (.bashrc, etc.)

This work for me, thanks.