* Re: referencing line numbers of a typing environment
@ 2003-04-07  5:45 Guy Worthington
From: Guy Worthington @ 2003-04-07  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marko Schuetz <MarkoSchuetz@web.de> writes:

> I usually present C/C++ code in a typing environment. If I need to
> frequently reference statements I put a line number environment around
> that. Now I would like to use line numbers and experimented a bit with
> \setuptyping[option=commands,escape=/], but did not yet get the
> desired results.
>
> Any hint is welcome

Marko, I can't even get the documented example to work:

-----
\startbuffer
\starttyping
test//test test/BTEX \footnote{test test test}/ETEX test
test//test test/BTEX \footnote{test test test}/ETEX  test
test test test/BTEX \bf(nota bene)/ETEX test
test test test /BTEX \bf(nota bene)/ETEX  test
\stoptyping
\stopbuffer

\starttext
\bgroup\setuptyping[option=commands]\getbuffer\egroup
\stoptext
-----

If you can't either, then either you or I are going to have to learn
how to submit a bug report.

* Re: referencing line numbers of a typing environment
@ 2003-04-16  7:56 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-04-16  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Guy Worthington <guyw@multiline.com.au> writes:

Hi,

> Marko, I can't even get the documented example to work:
>
> -----
> \startbuffer
> \starttyping
> test//test test/BTEX \footnote{test test test}/ETEX test
> test//test test/BTEX \footnote{test test test}/ETEX  test
> test test test/BTEX \bf(nota bene)/ETEX test
> test test test /BTEX \bf(nota bene)/ETEX  test
> \stoptyping
> \stopbuffer
>
> \starttext
> \bgroup\setuptyping[option=commands]\getbuffer\egroup
> \stoptext
> -----
>
> If you can't either, then either you or I are going to have to learn
> how to submit a bug report.

Go ahead :)

IMO this should work.

Patrick

* Re: referencing line numbers of a typing environment
@ 2003-04-08 17:49       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-04-08 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marko Schuetz <MarkoSchuetz@web.de> writes:

Hello Hans, Marko,

>> Maybe we need another option -)

Yes, please :) I was playing with this yesterday, but couldn't think
of another name. Perhaps options=nogroups disables << and >>?

> I didn't find the "<< >> as braces" in the docs. IMHO mentioning it in
> the docs would suffice.

It is mentioned in the source ;-) and in cont-en?.pdf in chpater 5.8,
but under \type{} and not \starttyping

Patrick

* Re: referencing line numbers of a typing environment
@ 2003-04-07 17:00 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-04-07 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marko Schuetz <MarkoSchuetz@web.de> writes:

Hi Marko,

> I usually present C/C++ code in a typing environment. If I need to
> frequently reference statements I put a line number environment around
> that. Now I would like to use line numbers and experimented a bit with
> \setuptyping[option=commands,escape=/], but did not yet get the
> desired results.

what about this?

\starttext
\setuptyping[option=commands]

\startlinenumbering
\starttyping
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Suspendisse
/startline[line:a]molestie, lorem nec tempor condimentum, enim pede sollicitudin
/blackrule ante,
non mollis est lectus et ligula. Integer at libero. Fusce sagittis
magna vel libero. Sed ut quam. /startline[line:b]Sed faucibus purus in sem. Phasellus ut

\stoptyping
\stoplinenumbering

See \inline [line:a] and \inline[line:b]
\stoptext

Patrick

* referencing line numbers of a typing environment
@ 2003-04-05 18:12 Marko Schuetz