From: Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Making a feedback form
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:02:29 +0200	[thread overview]

Op zondag 29 aug 2010 13:43 CEST schreef Hans Hagen:

>>> ok, paper is easier, mostly itemize (which has some features for that) and
>>> framed and so then
>>
>> I'll look into that. I also need checkboxes, but htere was something
>> like that in widgets.
>
> yes, but using pdf fill in forms for that is overkill, better define a
> symbol for that

I think I'll use '[  ]' for that. That is what I use in my current
OpenOffice document.

> aren't there users out there who have made forms already who can provide
> examples?

It looks like not. Well it is for me to take up the gauntlet then.
I'll try to make a set off macros and when successful, I'll put them
on the WiKi.

I am thinking about the following:

A macro to input several fields. The input's the same length and
starting at the same character every time position. Like (looks only
correct with a mono-spaced font):
    Contact Details:
    Company:  ________________________________________
    Name:     ________________________________________
    Address:  ________________________________________
    ZIP City: ________________________________________
    E-mail:   ________________________________________
    Phone:    ________________________________________
    GSM:      ________________________________________

Which would be called with something like:
    \multiple-input{
        "Contact Details"
        40
        "Company"
        "Name"
        "Address"
        "ZIP City"
        "E-mail"
        "Phone"
        "GSM"
    }

And properly make a macro for this one also, because this will be info
that is requested often.

Next will be creating check (or radio) buttons. Would it be a good
idea to use different 'boxes' for those? I was thinking about:
    Did you find this workshop useful?
        [  ] Yes
        [  ] No
        [  ] A little bit

This would be generated with:
    \radio-buttons{
        Did you find this workshop useful?
        "Yes"
        "No"
        "A little bit"
    }

Next would be a construction like (always using the complete line):
    What did you find the most useful?

This would be generated with:
    \multiline-input{
        what did you find the most useful?
        10
    }

Is this an useful way to tackle this?
Are there other input elements I should define?
Elements should always be on one page. How can I make sure this will
be the case?
Any tips about how to write those macros?

--
Cecil Westerhof
M CLDWesterhof@gmail.com

Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents.
Send OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/