* Minimal size of page
@ 2008-02-16 13:19 Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2008-02-16 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,
I want to make a dvi output of one or more math formulas, on a page of
minimal size, ie the size of the formula; I had asked the same thing for a
metapost/fun graphic sometime ago, the answer had been:
\startMPpage
\stopMPpage

but I guess I can't use that here!

tia,
--
Jean

* Re: Minimal size of page
@ 2008-02-16 13:26 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-02-16 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 16, 2008 2:19 PM, Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to make a dvi output of one or more math formulas, on a page of
> minimal size, ie the size of the formula; I had asked the same thing for a
> metapost/fun graphic sometime ago, the answer had been:
> \startMPpage
> \stopMPpage
>
> but I guess I can't use that here!

\starttext
\startTEXpage
$$
c^2=a^2+b^2
$$
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext

The $$ pair give a better result in this case than the normal formula
environment.

Wolfgang

* Re: Minimal size of page
@ 2008-02-16 16:10   ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2008-02-16 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 16 février à 14:26:05 "Wolfgang Schuster" <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> écrit notamment:

| On Feb 16, 2008 2:19 PM, Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@free.fr> wrote:
| > Hi all,
| > I want to make a dvi output of one or more math formulas, on a page of
| > minimal size, ie the size of the formula; I had asked the same thing for a
| > metapost/fun graphic sometime ago, the answer had been:
| > \startMPpage
| > \stopMPpage
| >
| > but I guess I can't use that here!
>
| \starttext
| \startTEXpage
| $$
| c^2=a^2+b^2
| $$
| \stopTEXpage
| \stoptext
>
| The $$ pair give a better result in this case than the normal formula
| environment.

Thanks a lot Wolfgang!

--
Jean