From: "Patrick Gundlach" <pg@levana.de>
Subject: Re: Font problems (special characters, URW)
Date: 23 Apr 2002 19:57:04 +0200	[thread overview]

Ville Voipio <vv@iki.fi> writes:

Hi

[...]

> > does \setupbodyfont[ber,pos] work on your machine?
>
> Nope. See transcript below. As far as I understand, it tries to find Times
> font metrics without success.

I am currently working on a typescript to use all the standard teTeX
fonts work 'out of the box'. Your problem is a well known problem
here. The problems are:

a) the file names you need are not in the standard ConTeXt
distribution. So you have to set up some new mappings
(\definefontsynonym) yourself or reinstall the fonts with
texfont. Neither option is really nice.

b) if you have done the mapping, it is not really usable for general
purpose: it is currently (as far as I have experienced it) not possible
to switch one font (e.g. Sans) and leave the others as they are. I
will send Hans a more detailed bugreport. So you can say 'I want
times, helvetica and courier in encoding "ec"'.

c) Font switching is not very robust. If  you have some subtle errors,
the encoding stuff gets messed up. You will not notice it unless you
really use some \definecharacter xxx and afterwards \xxx.

So I think I should first complete the tetex font typescipt for the
names fist.

I guess that the font names for MikTeX (as you are using) are the same
as for teTeX!?!

--
Viele Grüße,

    Patrick Gundlach