* LuaTeX and PDF.js
@ 2021-01-07 21:10 Vedran Miletić
From: Vedran Miletić @ 2021-01-07 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I compared latest ConTeXt standalone (LuaTeX 2.08) against TeX Live 2020
(LuaTeX 1.12). The produced PDFs are:

https://miletic.net/lipsum-112.pdf
https://miletic.net/lipsum-208.pdf

Viewing them with Evince (and I assume Adobe Reader, I don't have it at
hand to test) shows only minor differences in (horizontal) character
spacing, which I would expect; the text looks reasonably good either
way. However, viewing them with PDF.js shows a large difference:

https://miletic.net/lipsum-pdfjs-112.png
https://miletic.net/lipsum-pdfjs-208.png

As you can observe, b, m, n, p, and r (and possibly others) are moved
slightly above other letters. Is this the expected behavior? If not, is
this an issue with the way PDF.js is displaying the PDF or the way
LuaTeX is producing it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vedran Miletić