I tried in vain to list the MacOSX fonts in mtxrun. In my .bashrc set: OSFONTDIR=$HOME/Library/Fonts:/Library/Fonts:/System/Library/Fonts export OSFONTDIR Then issuing the following commands: source ~/.bashrc echo $OSFONTDIR /Users/hansm/Library/Fonts:/Library/Fonts:/System/Library/Fonts mtxrun --script fonts --list pattern="Comic*" --all resolvers | trees | analyzing '/Users/hansm/Documents/TeX/texmf' identifier familyname fontname filename subfont instances Allthough there are definitely Comic fonts (such as Comic Sans MS.ttf) in directory /Library/Fonts these are not listed by mtxrun. What is happening, or better, not happening here? Hans van der Meer