* Figure shifted down
@ 2010-12-21  8:57 Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2010-12-21  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

is it possible to place an \externalfigure "deeper" to some distance, shifted down, bellow the line or bellow the default position? To get:

     +----------+
Aaa | A figure | bbb
     +----------+

instead of:

     +----------+
     | A figure |
Aaa +----------+ bbb

Thank you in advance.

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka [mailto:LPr@pontex.cz]
Pontex s. r. o.      [mailto:pontex@pontex.cz] [http://www.pontex.cz]

Tel: +420 244 062 238
Fax: +420 244 461 038

* Re: Figure shifted down
@ 2010-12-21 11:11 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-12-21 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.12.2010 um 09:57 schrieb Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible to place an \externalfigure "deeper" to some distance, shifted down, bellow the line or bellow the default position?

\defineframed[figureframe][frame=off,offset=overlay,location=low]

\useexternalfigure[cow][cow][height=2ex]

\starttext

text \externalfigure[cow]\ text \figureframe{\externalfigure[cow]} text \bbox{\externalfigure[cow]} text \lowerbox{.5\strutdp}\hbox{\externalfigure[cow]} text

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Figure shifted down
@ 2010-12-21 11:54   ` Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2010-12-21 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Perfect, thank you!

Lukas

--

@ 2010-12-21 13:29 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2010-12-21 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Dec 21 2010, Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. wrote:

> is it possible to place an \externalfigure "deeper" to some distance,
> shifted down, bellow the line or bellow the default position? To get:
>
>     +----------+
> Aaa | A figure | bbb
>     +----------+

This looks to me, like a vertically centred figure, so \vcenter{...}.

The vertical positions of Wolfgang's solutions seem to depend on the height of
the figure. Why?

Test file:

\defineframed[figureframe][frame=off,offset=overlay,location=low]
\def\TestMacro#1{\useexternalfigure[cow][cow][height=#1ex]
  text \externalfigure[cow]\ text
  \figureframe{\externalfigure[cow]} text \bbox{\externalfigure[cow]} text
  \lowerbox{.5\strutdp}\hbox{\externalfigure[cow]} text
  \vcenter{\externalfigure[cow]}\par}
\starttext
\TestMacro1
\TestMacro2
\TestMacro5
\stoptext

Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: Figure shifted down
@ 2010-12-21 15:42   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-12-21 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.12.2010 um 14:29 schrieb Peter Münster:

> On Tue, Dec 21 2010, Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. wrote:
>>
>> is it possible to place an \externalfigure "deeper" to some distance,
>> shifted down, bellow the line or bellow the default position? To get:
>>
>>    +----------+
>> Aaa | A figure | bbb
>
> This looks to me, like a vertically centred figure, so \vcenter{...}.
>
> The vertical positions of Wolfgang's solutions seem to depend on the height of
> the figure. Why?

You’re wrong, the position of the figure is always the same with my solutions,
the first two lower the picture always by the strutdp while the third lowers
it by half of the strutdp, the baseline is always on the same position.

With your \vcenter solution the pictures are always on a different position
because the baseline depends now on the height of the figure.

Wolfgang