* Text streams
@ 2013-05-03  7:24 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-05-03  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello there,

some motnh ago I asked for a possibility to set a book in Context
bilingual (with a left and a right column on every page). This
environment should allow of course page breaking etc. I got this answer
(by Philipp Gesang):

> What you are looking for is text streams. They are not yet fully
> functional in mkiv. But as long as you need the streams to appear
> as columns on the same page, as seems to be the case, there is a
> cheap workaround using the *tabulate* environment (see below).

So my question: Are text streams now available in MKIV?

Thanks.
Huseyin

* Re: Text streams
@ 2013-05-03  7:46 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2013-05-03  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, May 03 2013, H. Özoguz wrote:

> some motnh ago I asked for a possibility to set a book in Context bilingual
> (with a left and a right column on every page). This environment should allow
> of course page breaking etc. I got this answer (by Philipp Gesang):
>
>> What you are looking for is text streams. They are not yet fully
>> functional in mkiv. But as long as you need the streams to appear
>> as columns on the same page, as seems to be the case, there is a
>> cheap workaround using the *tabulate* environment (see below).
>
> So my question: Are text streams now available in MKIV?

I don't know. But there is another possibility here:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Catalogue_raisonné
(see function create_columns() in main.cld)

--
           Peter

* Re: Text streams
@ 2013-05-03  7:59 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-03  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.05.2013 um 09:24 schrieb "H. Özoguz" <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

> Hello there,
>
> some motnh ago I asked for a possibility to set a book in Context bilingual (with a left and a right column on every page). This environment should allow of course page breaking etc. I got this answer (by Philipp Gesang):
>
>> What you are looking for is text streams. They are not yet fully
>> functional in mkiv. But as long as you need the streams to appear
>> as columns on the same page, as seems to be the case, there is a
>> cheap workaround using the *tabulate* environment (see below).
>
> So my question: Are text streams now available in MKIV?

The can be used for different content on facing pages but not for columns.

Wolfgang