* Re: Footnote mark gap
       [not found] <530fa7da.c1320f0a.0de2.ffff8fa7SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>
@ 2014-02-27 22:19 ` Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2014-02-27 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try:

\setupfootnotes[
  textstyle={\hskip.05em},
]

* Re: Footnote mark gap
@ 2014-02-27 22:24   ` Wolfgang Schuster
       [not found]     ` <5310dc04.c1580e0a.6460.ffffb0c0SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-02-27 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 27.02.2014 um 23:19 schrieb Thangalin <thangalin@gmail.com>:

> Try:
>
> \setupfootnotes[
>  textstyle={\hskip.05em},
> ]

It’s better to add the space with the textcommand key.

\setupnote[footnote][textcommand={\hairspace\high}]
%\setupnote[footnote][textcommand={\thinspace\high}]

Wolfgang

* Re: Footnote mark gap
@ 2014-02-28 18:56     ` Jan Tosovsky
       [not found]     ` <5310dc04.c1580e0a.6460.ffffb0c0SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2014-02-28 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2014-02-27 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 27.02.2014 um 23:19 schrieb Thangalin <thangalin@gmail.com>:
>
> > Try:
> >
> > \setupfootnotes[
> >  textstyle={\hskip.05em},
> > ]
>
> It's better to add the space with the textcommand key.
>
> \setupnote[footnote][textcommand={\hairspace\high}]

Thanks! I was trying \hskip on \setupnotation[footnote] before as I though
this command is preferred in MkIV. My fault.

When I saw 'hairspace' I was afraid the footnote mark can wrap to the next
line, but after some tests it seems to be a false assumption.

Jan

* Re: Footnote mark gap
       [not found]     ` <5310dc04.c1580e0a.6460.ffffb0c0SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>
@ 2014-03-01 13:06       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-03-01 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 28.02.2014 um 19:56 schrieb Jan Tosovsky <j.tosovsky@email.cz>:

> On 2014-02-27 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 27.02.2014 um 23:19 schrieb Thangalin <thangalin@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Try:
>>>
>>> \setupfootnotes[
>>> textstyle={\hskip.05em},
>>> ]
>>
>> It's better to add the space with the textcommand key.
>>
>> \setupnote[footnote][textcommand={\hairspace\high}]
>
> Thanks! I was trying \hskip on \setupnotation[footnote] before as I though
> this command is preferred in MkIV. My fault.

The \setupnotation command replaced the old \setupnotedefintion command and a few setting
like counter related values moved from \setupnote to \setupnotation but the layout of the numbers
in the text body is still controlled by \setupnote.

> When I saw 'hairspace' I was afraid the footnote mark can wrap to the next
> line, but after some tests it seems to be a false assumption.

Yes, \hairspace is a unbreakable space and will kep the number together with the last word.

Wolfgang

* Footnote mark gap
@ 2014-02-27 21:02 Jan Tosovsky
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2014-02-27 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear All,

when footnotes are placed after certain accented characters, the
corresponding footnote marks are rendered too close to them:

\starttext
í\footnote{í}
T\footnote{T}
ľ\footnote{ľ}
ě\footnote{ě}
ď\footnote{ď}
\stoptext

Is there any option for making this distance a bit larger?

On the other hand this gap may produce too much white space when placed
after characters like period or comma...

Ideally it could be positioned 'optically' ;-)

Regards, Jan